Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: digital image questions dpi/ppi etc  (Read 1980 times)

Offline adubphoto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • What happened?!
    • www.boymangodshit.com
digital image questions dpi/ppi etc
« on: November 12, 2005, 11:10:30 AM »
So how can I tell what dpi my pics are? I looked at the image size in photoshop and it looks and is says the resolution is 72 ppi. I was reading that dpi and ppi are the similar when you're talking about digital dpi. Is that acurate? 72 seems low if thats it. is it ok to resample to 300 or is my camera just not good enough? I want to submit some to relix and they say that they need at least 300 dpi. I got that from here at the bottom of the page. Do you know if they are refering to digial or print dpi?
http://relix.com/coguide.phtml

PHOTOGRAPHER GUIDELINES

When submitting photos to Relix , keep our format in mind. If you're submitting prints, make sure your name is on the back of all photos, and include the names of the people in it along with the venue and the date the photo was taken. Be careful that the ink is dry and write close to the edges to avoid smudging the image areas of stacked photos.

If you submit work that we think may be of future use, we will maintain it on file. If photos are unacceptable for some reason, we will return them with an explanation if you have included a SASE.

Photo Size
3x5 inch photos are acceptable, but we prefer 5x7 photos so they can be reproduced at a larger size when appropriate.

Digital Photos
Images intended for the web are not acceptable for print publication. Digital images must be 300 dpi PLUS appropriate size for print (see above).

We encourage photographers to provide us with lo-res samples of their work, either by email or on disc. If we're interested in publishing any of your photos, we will contact you to request a high-res image and make payment arrangements.

We look forward to working with you in the future. Please contact us with any ideas, comments or suggestions.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Aaron
Ret. Audio: Rode NT5's(rodents) > Omnistudio USB > Gateway5300> Cubase
Visual: Canon 30D // Sigma 24-70mm f2.8 // Canon 50mm f1.8 // Canon 70-200mm f2.8 // Canon 580EX

Aquarium Rescue Unit Flickr photo set | FLips Flickr photo set | GRAB Flickr photo set

Offline jpschust

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Padres Rule Your Face
Re: digital image questions dpi/ppi etc
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 12:00:41 PM »
Quote from: Todd Snider
They say 3 percent of the people use 5 to 6 percent of their brain
97 percent use 3 percent and the rest goes down the drain
I'll never know which one I am but I'll bet you my last dime
99 percent think with 3 percent 100 percent of the time

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com