Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I need help as to how to seed my show?  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Youneverno41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
I need help as to how to seed my show?
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:23:20 PM »
I am running into some minor problems while trying to seed my recording of UM for the first time.  I'm using Azureus and I already have the torrent file uploaded on bt.  Can someone walk me through the process?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper
Shure KSM109s> Canare Starquads >BM2p+mod UA5> JB3(svu-1)

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Feel brand new about it
Re: I need help as to how to seed my show?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 12:28:40 PM »
I am running into some minor problems while trying to seed my recording of UM for the first time.  I'm using Azureus and I already have the torrent file uploaded on bt.  Can someone walk me through the process?

Did you try opening the torrent file you created in Azureus once it was uploaded to bt?
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant
aercomp2 ■ v2∞3 ■ sx-m2d2
d100 ■ pmd661 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 12:35:12 PM »
yeah, it all works out...but once the file is being checked, it says, "OK (dht:)" and I have no idea what that means
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:41:52 PM »
it looks like this
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:47:59 PM »
I don't use Azarus but... It looks like it is showing you as a leecher (0%) and not a seeder.  Try removing the torrent from Azarus and then go back to BT and re-download the .torrent file and when asked, point the directory to where your FLAC files are located.

EDIT: Again I don't use Azarus but it looks like you have 2 different versions of the torrent the one in the top window and highlighted in the bottom window that is not seeding and then the last one in the bottom window that is queued to possibly seed.

BTW.... OK (DHT) probably means that the torrent is set up for a distributed tracker, meaning that after a while people will be able to get into the torrent without actually going through the bt tracker.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 12:54:36 PM by china_rider »
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline modmike

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
okay the screen looks like this now, but my torrent isn't available on BT yet?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 03:00:20 PM »
It now says it's seeding, but I don't think everything is working the right way...could one of you guys attempt to DL this and tell me what happens?
http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=503331
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline wilsonedits

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 04:05:32 PM »
why upload a torrent when you can just upload to the archive ?  much easier... and then its there forever not requiring any seeders
P2 yo

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 04:13:38 PM »
I just tried... I think I am connected to you but only getting between 0kb/s and 3kb/s down.  I show one seeder and 2 leachers.  Do you have your bandwidth going someplace else?  I'm going to disconnect but pm me if you want me to give it a try again.

PS.... I still don't think you are are set up right... If I check the availability tab it shows none of the show available so I'm guessing the low bandwidth I am seeing is just the clients talking but not sending and show data.

You need to make sure the tracker data is located on the BT tracker.  If you only seed to the DHT tracker no one will be able to get data initially.  If I understand correctly the seed has to go through the regular tracker then the data can be spread to the DHT.  In my opinion the DHT is a good option to turn off since none of the upload/download stats get applied to the regular tracker and you are transferring outside of your chosen BT site.

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 04:16:41 PM »
why upload a torrent when you can just upload to the archive ?  much easier... and then its there forever not requiring any seeders

I don't always upload the the Archive right away.  Personally if one of my shows is on the archive I want it to be the best source there.  Typically the first upload to the archive is not the best and then after you upload there is a good chance that a much better source will come soon.  I usually BT and let others upload to the archive if they feel the quality is high enough.

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 04:21:37 PM »
I just tried... I think I am connected to you but only getting between 0kb/s and 3kb/s down.  I show one seeder and 2 leachers.  Do you have your bandwidth going someplace else?  I'm going to disconnect but pm me if you want me to give it a try again.

PS.... I still don't think you are are set up right... If I check the availability tab it shows none of the show available so I'm guessing the low bandwidth I am seeing is just the clients talking but not sending and show data.

You need to make sure the tracker data is located on the BT tracker.  If you only seed to the DHT tracker no one will be able to get data initially.  If I understand correctly the seed has to go through the regular tracker then the data can be spread to the DHT.  In my opinion the DHT is a good option to turn off since none of the upload/download stats get applied to the regular tracker and you are transferring outside of your chosen BT site.
and how do I do all of that?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 04:49:55 PM »

and how do I do all of that?

I don't use Azarius... I use uTorrent.  Basically I set up my data that I want to torrent.  Then within uTorrent I select to create the torrent file and in the process turn the DHT off.  Once you torrent with it on I don't think you can turn it off.  Once the .torrent file is created I go through the BT.Etree instructions for uploading.  Once everything is filled out OK I submit and when uploaded stop the torrent.  Then I got back to bt.etree and select the torrent file link (the torrent files get personalized for each user to keep track of stats, etc) and point it to the dir with the files I want to torrent.  uTorrent then scans the dir gets to 100% and lists me as a seeder.  At that point you can goto bt.etree and select to show the torrent on the front page immediately or leave the box unchecked and it will appear eventually.

I have not used Azarius in at least a year so I am probably not going to be much help with the specific steps for it.  If you can't figure out your problem it may be just best to  delete the torrent and start again.

Dana

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
PS... As an hopefully easy way before you do all that....

1. Delete all references to the torrent out of Azareus (but not the torrent content it self.)  It's weird you have one running on one queued.
2. Once deleted select to download the .torrent file from BT.Etree and open with Azareus.
3. When asked what directory to use navigate to the dir with the files you want to seed.
4. Azareus should scan the files already there and if they have not changed put you at 100% and make you a seeder.  NOTE: if you have edited the info file or anything else this will not work.

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 05:00:13 PM »
I think part of the problem is that I am on a college server and I think they don't allow me to UL
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Offline china_rider

• Taperssection All-Star
    • AZTapers
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »
I don't have the college problem... and know pretty much nothing about it.... But I have heard that you can get around some using nonstandard ports.  Maybe something starting over the 55000 range.

PS... Have not heard the show... But if you really want to get it out to some people and not just throw it out to the general public I'd be happy to host it via FTP on AZTapers.org.

Dana

Offline anhisr

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 05:27:33 PM »
That could be the problem. 
Audio: Neumann KM 100> 20, 30, 40, 43 or 50 > V3 > MT II (love that M/S)
Still Camera Body: Canon D5 Mark II
Canon Lenses:  16-35mm f2.8L II USM; 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM; 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM
Video Canon HF R30

archive  http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/anhisr

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.096 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com