Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A complete newbie on taping  (Read 2372 times)

Offline zepper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
A complete newbie on taping
« on: March 24, 2007, 07:40:03 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i have to say wow, what a site. Well i'm planning to tape some bands in Finnish festivals, but i'm a complete newbie on taping. So i'm asking a bunch on questions here. Would minidisc be an option? Someone was selling a Sharp MD-MT90 and Sharp MD-MT90. Would this equipment be a good start? Would this minidisc recorder record in lossy or can i record lossless with it? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.  :P

Offline ballerusk

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Soft spot for the sweet spot
Re: A complete newbie on taping
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 08:08:42 PM »
Lots of people here that don't have English as their native language so no worries I believe ;)

As always start here: http://taperssection.com/index.php/board,46.0.html

To your questions: MD would be a cheap recorder yes and if you have a recorder capable of HiMD that's good. However to go that extra mile I would recommend one of those iRivers (H120/H140 I think) or a Nomad Jukebox 3 which are in the $150-price range and also record in lossless WAV (16/44.1 = CD quality). They are both out of production but you should be able to find one by watching this board or eBay. If you want to go even further try the Edirol R-09 or Microtrack, both at $300-something, recording on SD and CF-cards respectively. Further up from that again.. I don't know, I haven't got further :P
Schoeps MK41s > Schoeps CMRs > Naiant Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10

dorrcoq

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »
Nothing wrong with your English :)

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 10:23:48 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and i have to say wow, what a site. Well i'm planning to tape some bands in Finnish festivals, but i'm a complete newbie on taping. So i'm asking a bunch on questions here. Would minidisc be an option? Someone was selling a Sharp MD-MT90 and Sharp MD-MT90. Would this equipment be a good start? Would this minidisc recorder record in lossy or can i record lossless with it? Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.  :P

Welcome. How much $$$$ do you have to spend on a recorder/setup? Do you have any mics yet?
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline Brennan

• Taperssection Member
  • Currently hooked on open taping
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 12:29:41 AM »
Your english sounds just fine to me! :)

I'd recommend the Edirol R-09 if you have the money..speaking of money, what's your budget? That would help us a lot ;)
Team SoCal

Church Audio Cardiods > Church Audio STC-9000 Preamp > Edirol R-09 (24/48) <- Click for info on each!

Offline zepper

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 04:21:04 AM »
I think my budget would be 150€. I could the Sharp and the Sony mics for 50€. Would that be a good bargain?

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 06:41:39 AM »
I think my budget would be 150€. I could the Sharp and the Sony mics for 50€. Would that be a good bargain?

Which Sony mics?

Bear in mind that for that budget, you are likely to get fairly average sounding recordings.

Not trying to put you off, just help!
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com