Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Battery Box or Preamp schematics!  (Read 6104 times)

Offline pridix

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Ground control to Major Tom
Battery Box or Preamp schematics!
« on: February 28, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Hi!

I'm finishing my studies about Telecommunications Engineering this year and I have a few subjects about electronics and circuits and I wanted to do some real projects about it. As I'm starting taping I'm really curious about sound-related things. As I haven't had nor a battery box or a preamp yet I thought could be great to start my electric projects with something like that. Does anyone have preamp schematics? I want to use it with microphones ended in minijack.

Thank you so much
It's not a secret at all, Achtung ya'll

Mics: MM-HSLO (4,7k mod) , AT853(853-O, 853-H, 853-C, UE-C)
Cables: Naiant PFA, Hosa ATT-448
Recorders: Tascam DR-40
Playing Stuff: Onkyo (TX7630 & TX18), Magnat System 400, Tannoy Mercury M2, Mission M35

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
Re: Battery Box or Preamp schematics!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:28 PM »
I shamelessly bump this topic asking for the same thing: some schematics of a decent preamp. There's some on the internet but they're whether too simple (for a mono input) or too complicated. I would like to build a simple. ChurchAudio-like stereo preamp.

Thanks in advance!
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 02:50:29 PM »
If you're both looking for an educational project, I might recommend starting simple with a CMOY headphone amp. It's not a perfect apples to apples comparison to microphone pre's, but will get you started down the right path.

Offline pridix

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:56:46 PM »
Thank you so much, hi and lo

Playing Stuff: Onkyo (TX7630 & TX18), Magnat System 400, Tannoy Mercury M2, Mission M35

Offline LikeASong

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • U2start.com
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
If you're both looking for an educational project, I might recommend starting simple with a CMOY headphone amp. It's not a perfect apples to apples comparison to microphone pre's, but will get you started down the right path.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not following the educational path. I am proficient with the soldering iron and pretty knowledgable in electronics -if I might say so- , so I would like to build a mic preamp directly, without simple starts. I've done similar things before and they all are working after years of use, so I think I could get decent results building a preamp. It's just that I need a good schematic for it.
The worst things in the world are justified by belief.
-U2

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
-Aldous Huxley

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not following the educational path. I am proficient with the soldering iron and pretty knowledgable in electronics -if I might say so- , so I would like to build a mic preamp directly, without simple starts. I've done similar things before and they all are working after years of use, so I think I could get decent results building a preamp. It's just that I need a good schematic for it.
http://www.fivefishstudios.com/diy-kits

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »

Gotcha... fire up SPICE and design your own circuit then! Kirk poitned out the fivefish stuff which I completely forgot about and there are all kinds of kits for home discrete and tube amplifiers, but you're not gonna find too many published circuits for small 2-channel preamps. Jensen's website might have a few good ones as will some op amp publications.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 07:25:33 PM by hi and lo »

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:05 PM »
Kirkd pointed out Five Fish Audio kits an excellent choice. 

A Less expensive alternative for a student budget is a kit from PAiA...

http://www.paia.com/phantom.asp

« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 06:46:41 PM by DigiGal »
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline pridix

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 06:36:20 PM »
Great!!! Thanks for the answers everyone!

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
There is no circuits out there. The best way to start is looking at product data specs and sample circuits and start from there. Simple also invest in a bread board. Sprice is nice but reality is better. Some things that work in spice dont work in the real world.

bread board and some parts is where I started I also helps to have some really REALLY smart friends who can help you when you are lost.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline pridix

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »
Thanks for the tip Chris, your replies as well as the others are always welcome. I use to do all my projects on a protoboard before doing  them  in a real pcb and soldering. It's a great way to try  ;D

Offline illconditioned

• Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 08:56:40 PM »
The is a Yahoo "group" called "micbuilders".  Lots of folks out there build circuits and also modify mic capsules.

A whole lot of fun/diversions over there.

Richard

Please DO NOT mail me with tech questions.  I will try to answer in the forums when I get a chance.  Thanks.

Sample recordings at: http://www.soundmann.com.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com