Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audacity Question  (Read 1800 times)

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Audacity Question
« on: February 12, 2018, 09:46:31 AM »
I've been mixing/blending 4 and 5 channel recordings in Audacity without issue for a while now, but all of a sudden, with my last recording, it isn't working properly.  I'm hoping someone here may know why and be able to assist.
Here's the problem:

I take 2 channels out of the soundboard and run a pair of microphones, or in this case... a right and left from the soundboard and a 3 mic mix.  The 3 mics are going into a Sound Devices 302 (left, right and center blend) > Sound Devices 744T, with the board patch going directly into the 744T.  I have done this many times without any post production issues.  This time, however, in the post mix, the channels are not mixing.  Instead of the right mixing with the right and the left mixing with the left, I am getting a separation of sources, in other words, the board source is not mixing with the microphone source.  Essentially, when I export the 4 tracks, which will normally blend the rights and lefts, I'm getting a left channel which is the board and a right channel which is the mics.  The ONLY difference that I did with this recording that I do not normally do, was to up the frequency rate from 44.1 to 48 (I was also running a separate video line out of the 302 directly into a camcorder, so the 48kHz was necessary for the video).  I can't imagine the frequency rate would prevent me from properly mixing the rights and lefts, but somethings going on here that I'm not catching.  I'd appreciate any assistence.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Audacity Question
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 12:33:51 PM »
Not that anyone was jumping in with any suggestions on this one, but problem solved.  It was as simple as this...my damn computer, and possibly the program, was screwing with me.  I gave up trying, shut everything down and turned of the computer.  Once turned on again, all was right with the world.  Go figure!  :facepalm:
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: Audacity Question
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
Was thinking maybe one source might be 180' out of phase.....
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com