Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO JB3 help ($$$ for someone!)  (Read 3806 times)

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my recordings on LMA
ISO JB3 help ($$$ for someone!)
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:31:09 AM »
OK I have two bad 20 gig JB3's and need a hand.

the first unit I fried.  I have a power runner with variable voltage output and fed the unit 12v.  Let me tell you ladies and gentlemen, that is not a good idea!  Poof.  No more JB3.  Now more than one person has told me that the data on the unit is probably still good and can most likely be recovered by removing the HD from the unit.  This is beyond what I have the time or energy for right now but desperately  want the data if there even a chance of recovering it I have to try.  there are half a dozen recordings on it where I was the only source.

The second unit I bought refurbished off ebay to replace the unit I killed. I made one recording with and now it is stuck in recovery mode.  I have spoken with many knowledgeable people on this board and others and followed all the steps to re-boot, clean up, etc all to no avail.  I would love some assistance.  If anybody is willing to take a look at these two units for me I would be forever in your debt.  I can pay, trade, kill your enemies, whatever, let's make a deal.  If you are a taping tinkerer. Please PM me. 

All I am looking for is one working unit!  If someone can make the refurbed unit work and recover the data on the fried unit they can keep the bad one for parts and I will make up the difference of whatever you feel it might be worth.  In all reality I do want one working unit but the data is more important to me.  If you tell me I have a choice between a working unit or old data I'd take the data.  But again, the data on the fried unit is more important to me than the data on the frozen unit.

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi; you're my only hope."
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 03:34:46 PM by Krispy D »
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
Re: ISO JB3 help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 08:52:10 AM »
bump>

Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
Re: ISO JB3 help
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 03:33:46 PM »
did I forget to mention I have $$$.  I am more than willing to pay for some assistance.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
Re: ISO JB3 help ($$$ for someone!)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 10:23:19 AM »
Monday morning bump

Hook a brother up! I will pay.  Just tell me what your time is worth.
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 01:23:46 PM »
I would take your money if I knew how..... ;D
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

Offline AT853rxwh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 07:56:56 AM »
The second unit prolly has a bad HD.  Its not too hard to swap drives.  If you wanna ship em both to me I could do it for ya, or I could walk you through doing it yourself.
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline diggrd

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 02:17:42 AM »
I've had to do a number of these swaps not to tough step by step pictures in link start 1/2 way down for JB3 http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1186577,00.asp
EW-SR77 > MR1000
EW-SRO > PS-2 > MR1
SP-CMC-4U(AT853U) > BB > JB3

Offline Krispy D

• my recordings on LMA
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »
I put this off for while but am back into getting the data off these and getting at least one of them running.  Any one wanna help?
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

Offline neutrino

• Taperssection Member
  • **Team Chicago**
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
I put this off for while but am back into getting the data off these and getting at least one of them running.  Any one wanna help?

PM sent..
CA14/OM14 > A10
Sony SBM-1 Oade mod

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »
I've had to do a number of these swaps not to tough step by step pictures in link start 1/2 way down for JB3 http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1186577,00.asp
+t
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline n2thelite

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 08:54:11 PM »
i know someone who might refurb for you and get the data off for you... even buy. let me know if you stiill need help.
+Alx n2thelite@hotmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.279 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com