Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SDHC vs. Micro SDHC w/ adapter?  (Read 3881 times)

Offline travelinbeat

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Turning soundwaves into zeros and ones since 1999
    • http://db.etree.org/travelinbeat
SDHC vs. Micro SDHC w/ adapter?
« on: April 18, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
I called Edirol and asked what kind of cards they're recommending with the R-09HR.  They say any brand name Class 2 is ideal.  Problem is, I cant find any that are still of a useful capacity.  Closest I have found is that Kingston and Patriot both make Class 2, 16GB microSDHC's.  Is there any difference in fuctionality and performance between the MicroSDHC and the full sized if I use an adapter?

Thank in advance.
Mics: Busman BSC1's K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14's
Units: 2x Edirol R-09HR, iRiver H120 (RockBox + 2200mAh + CF mod)
Power & Accessories: Naiant Littlebox 1.5, Church ST-9100, Denecke PS-2, 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD2/8GB), 2x Kingston SDHC (Model: SD4/16GB), Kingston 32GB (Model: SD4/32GB), Darktrain XLR, 2x Shure A81WS's, 4x Powerex 9.6v, 12x Sanyo 2700 NiMH, 2x AT8410A's

Team DC · Team Naiant · Team Busman · Team Church Audio · NFL Team is NY Jets

I tape in earnest dedication to the mission of breaking the back of the CTOA

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: SDHC vs. Micro SDHC w/ adapter?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »
EDIT -
Just read your other post.  I would check out the R-09HR threads and see what people are using.  I bet most are using Class 4 or 6 in their units, seems silly that higher class cards wouldn't work.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 09:22:25 AM by rsimms3 »
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
Re: SDHC vs. Micro SDHC w/ adapter?
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
when they say class 2 are ideal, they prob just mean 'the cheaper the better', and that they dont require class 4 or 6, but they should work just fine.

the reason class 2 are hard to find is that almost all cards are faster than that these days

EDIT -
Just read your other post.  I would check out the R-09HR threads and see what people are using.  I bet most are using Class 4 or 6 in their units, seems silly that higher class cards wouldn't work.

Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com