Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wal-Mart Battery - field problems  (Read 16267 times)

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Wal-Mart Battery - field problems
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2006, 07:31:18 PM »
Just to chime in again, I keep my pre plugged in to the power "harnes" at all times, plug the battery in, then turn on the pre.  It's possible that when I had my problem I somehow had the pre power button "on" .
this is what i do, the cable is plugged into the pre 100% of the time
and then i plug the cable into the battery and turn the pre on
i am using a bumblebee vr box, but tripping the battery should be the same no matter what you use for a cable
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2007, 02:02:09 AM »

I got a new pair of these Li-ion 9V rechargeables to maybe replace the 2-9V alkaline power supply I use to power my NAK MX-100 mixer.  Gonna hack the cables tomorrow and solder the ends into a 4-pin female mic connector, like the 2 alkalines are setup now.  There's no power switch on the mixer, so I'll be plugging in hot ---- hope the current surge doesn't pop the protection circuit, or else I'll be back to using alkalines again.  I suppose one could make up a 12V sled of AAA batteries to jumpstart a Li-ion, though.........it would save having to search around for AC.  I'll let you know if this works for me......

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Roving Sign

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2007, 10:25:05 AM »

I got a new pair of these Li-ion 9V rechargeables to maybe replace the 2-9V alkaline power supply I use to power my NAK MX-100 mixer.  Gonna hack the cables tomorrow and solder the ends into a 4-pin female mic connector, like the 2 alkalines are setup now.  There's no power switch on the mixer, so I'll be plugging in hot ---- hope the current surge doesn't pop the protection circuit, or else I'll be back to using alkalines again.  I suppose one could make up a 12V sled of AAA batteries to jumpstart a Li-ion, though.........it would save having to search around for AC.  I'll let you know if this works for me......

Wow - that ought to last awhile...!

I was wondering if there was a way to pull it off using 1 Wally 9v - and some sort voltage splitter/divider?

The MX100 does suck down the 9v snap ons - I feel like I have to use a new set every show...

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2007, 01:02:37 PM »

Wow - that ought to last awhile...!

I was wondering if there was a way to pull it off using 1 Wally 9v - and some sort voltage splitter/divider?

The MX100 does suck down the 9v snap ons - I feel like I have to use a new set every show...

Yeah, I used to have a great source for Heavy Duty 9Vs at the indian reservation near here ------- $0.49 for a pair.  I would just run them one show, and give them away to people afterward.

Think the 12V bump sled would work to reset the Li-ions?

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Javier Cinakowski

• !! Downhill From Here !!
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2007, 01:11:43 PM »
I keep my cable plugged into the pre and the battery at all times.  Does this drain the battery down even if the pre isn't on?  Should I not do that?
Neumann KM185mp OR DPA ST2015-> Grace Design Lunatec V2-> Tascam DR-100mkIII

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 06:26:52 PM »

I wish I had a picture, but I took a 9v battery and wired a plug that fits into the "charger" jack on my LiOn's. It works like a charm to get them going again when they shut down. I have found that they shut down when hit with a big load or a direct short. The 9v battery trick works in the field, when you don't have an AC outlet to use. I have also thought about just making a jumper between the two LiOn's I have. That way I could use one battery to re-start the other, but more important and useful, I would be able to keep one going if the other is getting depleted by passing the 9v from the good one into the "charger" jack of the depleted one.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »

I got a new pair of these Li-ion 9V rechargeables to maybe replace the 2-9V alkaline power supply I use to power my NAK MX-100 mixer.  Gonna hack the cables tomorrow and solder the ends into a 4-pin female mic connector, like the 2 alkalines are setup now.  There's no power switch on the mixer, so I'll be plugging in hot ---- hope the current surge doesn't pop the protection circuit, or else I'll be back to using alkalines again. I suppose one could make up a 12V sled of AAA batteries to jumpstart a Li-ion, though.........it would save having to search around for AC.  I'll let you know if this works for me......

I wish I had a picture, but I took a 9v battery and wired a plug that fits into the "charger" jack on my LiOn's. It works like a charm to get them going again when they shut down. I have found that they shut down when hit with a big load or a direct short. The 9v battery trick works in the field, when you don't have an AC outlet to use. I have also thought about just making a jumper between the two LiOn's I have. That way I could use one battery to re-start the other, but more important and useful, I would be able to keep one going if the other is getting depleted by passing the 9v from the good one into the "charger" jack of the depleted one.

Good one, Chuck!  Nice to know a 9V will reset it.........+t

Offline gratefulphish

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »

I have also thought about just making a jumper between the two LiOn's I have. That way I could use one battery to re-start the other, but more important and useful, I would be able to keep one going if the other is getting depleted by passing the 9v from the good one into the "charger" jack of the depleted one.

Can you simultaneously charge and use the Wally batteries this way?  Can you have the AC adapter plugged in and still get power out?
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline SparkE!

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2007, 04:21:02 PM »
Can you simultaneously charge and use the Wally batteries this way?  Can you have the AC adapter plugged in and still get power out?
No, doesn't work.  As soon as you plug in the charger, it shuts off the regulated output from the battery pack.
How'm I supposed to read your lips when you're talkin' out your ass? - Lern Tilton

Ignorance in audio is exceeded only by our collective willingness to embrace and foster it. -  Srajan Ebaen

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 04:41:33 PM »
Oh, well...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.213 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com