Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 - Feedback for HD Video  (Read 77647 times)

Offline carbine000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 - Feedback for HD Video
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 07:58:28 PM »
I think you are right. I actually came to this realization late last night after I had posted. Doh!  ::)

Offline polewka

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 04:01:24 PM »
Mics: AT853's (Cards), CA-14's (Cards)
Battery Boxes: SP-SPSB-6, SP-SPSB-10
Recorders: Edirol R-09HR, Sony PCM-M10
Camera: Panasonic Lumix TZ-7

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline polewka

• Taperssection Regular
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 05:27:55 PM »
avhdc or whatever it's called and then ran through Prism Video Converter (great, simple to use program) to mp4. Do that as a matter of course after every show, takes up more space on the HD, but the mp4 file is much more useful and workable. The only real gripe I have with the 2 video types on the camera is that with AVCHD you can record 15 minutes, the other jpegmov. or something, can't remember the name only lets you pull film in 8 minute segments.

Really recommend PVConverter...natty little thing....

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 06:22:22 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation!

avchd is a file format created by panasonic and sony a few years ago which allows high quality hd video at low disk space. quicktime mpeg mov is quite old and on the zs3, I don't think you can record in stereo.

The brief time I did have the zs3, the video and sound were specular for something so small, but my only problem was my computer couldn't handle the avchd files very smoothly.

The European version of the zs3 (yours tz7) limits you to only 15 minutes of video for some reason. I do not know the reasoning for it but when possible, I would recommend recording in avchd.

happy shooting!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2010, 12:58:15 PM »
I'm using cyberlink video director and while it's pretty limited (Its no vegas) it allows me to edit, sync new audio, transitions, etc...and give decent options for outputting.

Not too many programs work with the AVCHD lite files very well, but it does...
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »
Sting with the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra Live in Irvine, CA

Fragile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vdVZlt30o

Desert Rose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbXVoDWuOM
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >

Offline exxile

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 03:26:24 AM »
Nice samples, I was wondering how the quality is when shot from further back (seating/balcony etc) as opposed to close up,  down the front. Cheers

Offline Chrisedge

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
Nice samples, I was wondering how the quality is when shot from further back (seating/balcony etc) as opposed to close up,  down the front. Cheers

I have some stuff (U2 Chicago 9/12/2009) on my YouTube page that is further back...Depeche Mode too.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:47:48 PM by Chrisedge »

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
i'm looking at getting the dmc-zs7 and have question; how do you transfer the video from the camera to the cpu?  do you have to capture it or can you just use a card reader to transfer the file?
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2010, 11:27:36 AM »
i'm looking at getting the dmc-zs7 and have question; how do you transfer the video from the camera to the cpu?  do you have to capture it or can you just use a card reader to transfer the file?

two options.

1. connect camera to computer with supplied cable and it mounts like the majority of audio recorders. drag and drop.

2. use a card reader and copy data.

nice thing about DV shot on SD cards is there's no real time transfer!

Offline fanofthemule

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2010, 04:05:41 PM »
nice, thanks for the response!

the real time transfer doesn't bother me, it's the dropped frames

i also need to check my cpu specs to make sure i can work with the avchd format and wanted to make sure that I could at least transfer the footage if i get the camera before i upgrade the computer
Sony PCM-M10

Fostex FR2LE Busman TMod

Superlux S502 ORTF

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 03:49:42 AM »
I've not used the camera USB for transfer, instead just placing the card into computer's built-in card reader and copying the full card to a file on one of my HD.  Very fast taking only a few minutes for several GIGs.   

Just uploaded my first batch of 720P videos to YouTube. 

These are four episodes of model plane water-fly fest using the ZS3 in AVCHD mode.   Recorded all audio on a separate recorder using my 'homemade' headworn stereo-surround mic + windscreen + balanced output preamp feeding the Line input of M-Audios original MT1 deck working in 24bit/88.2K mode.   Used CyberLinks Power Director 8 importing the video and raw audio directly into the timeline without any need for conversions. 
Did the swap of camera audio for stereo-surround audio and pressed the button for direct YouTube upload all onside this one very low cost software program.   

YouTube seemed to handle the cameras edited MPEG files converted for upload via converted .WMV files more efficiently than any other tact I've used before, and this audio/video YouTube converted quickly with excellent quality.  I'm finally satisfied with editing ease, upload time, and YouTube conversion time/end quality of ZS3 projects.

If interested, go to YouTube and search for GuySonicStudios (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=guysonicstudios&search_type= to see a list of my uploaded videos finding the newest 720P model airplane series as example of what the ZS3 can do for video quality and substituted audio.

These videos also linked to: www.sonicstudios.com/mp3.htm#Umpqua_plane_club
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
FYI: AVCHD Lite codec now natively supported in Windows Movie Maker Beta
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 11:30:29 AM »
I know a lot of people can find it annoying with ways to work with the mts file but if you use windows movie maker, update to beta for this nice update.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1033&message=35655136

Offline polewka

• Taperssection Regular
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 04:50:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/polewka123#p/u/7/WcFns28JI8o

http://www.youtube.com/user/polewka123#p/u/10/wfGaYr-Dayc

Coupe of tracks filmed the other night at We Are Scientists in Wolverhampton, UK. Plenty of zoom action due to keeping clear of the pit. That steady hand setting works like a dream....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com