Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Two battboxes plugged in?  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Aladar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Two battboxes plugged in?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:26 AM »
Yeah, you can't adjust it on the fly, that's why I got the box..
I will resolve this somewhat (either by getting a digital recorder, or somewhat modding battery box), but right now I don't have any money or ways to resolve it, so I need to know how should I connect it at least for the one recording I'm going to make.. :) And where should I put the battery..

Offline jefflester

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Two battboxes plugged in?
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 05:50:28 PM »
I don't see any reason why:
CSB mics > Core BB with mini XLR > SP BB with sliders > MD deck
shouldn't work or cause any harm.

The battery boxes only supply the voltage on the "mic" side. So the mics will be powered by the Core BB and won't see any voltage from the SP BB. You may need the battery no matter what in the SP BB to complete the slider/attenuation circuit. But there is no harm to the mics here, any voltage coming out of the "mic" side of the SP BB (as opposed to the MD side) gets blocked by the capacitors in the Core BB. Set it up and try it at home with and without a battery in the SP box to see if it makes a difference. But definitely have a battery in the Core BB, that is necessary to power the mics.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 06:05:42 PM by jefflester »
DPA4061 HEB -> R-09 / AT943 -> CA-UGLY -> R-09
AKG CK63 -> nBob actives -> Baby NBox -> R-09/DR2d
AKG CK63 -> AKG C460B -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII
Line Audio CM4/Superlux S502/Samson C02/iSK Little Gem/Sennheiser E609/Shure SM57 -> Zoom F8/DR-680MKII (multitracked band recordings)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com