Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: sbd/mic matrix w/ ua-5?? anyone done this yet?  (Read 5374 times)

Offline balou2

• Crippled, but still dancin'
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • He was a friend of mine.
    • Little Mountain Sound Archive
Re: sbd/mic matrix w/ ua-5?? anyone done this yet?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 07:13:37 PM »
i had the chance to run this in a controlled environment many times i.e.: i ran the board mixes also giving myself a submix out for the matrix. the only issue is that the ua-5 sum's the audio input. i have found my ua-5 to sound hollow unless your microphone gain is in the prime spot, which is quite hot, adding a line in will not work without distortion. in uncontrolled live environments i.e. live where your mostly ending up with xlr, 1/4", or RCA Main outputs from the soundman (by nature not always a good sounding mix) i found that some frequencys had a overdriven effect. bass was distorted, mids muddy, and highs shrill. mixes ar better on a board. I sported for a cheep 50.00 behringer eurorack to test the waters with small dirt cheep products. mixing the board and mics with that and in-putting into the ua-5. after many more uses i found the dirt cheep behringer sounded better than the ua-5 much more open sounding... good to know since i paid a sweet penny for the ua-5... now ive bought a behringer usb board and the proof is in the recordings. it transfers the sound with the same open feel. to get my portability i bought wally world converters and 12v 10 AH lead acid batteries, i can run about 5 hrs...
For what its worth

...actually, I did the same thing.  I bought the 8-channel Berringer and go mics + board > Berringer > 2-track out to UA-5.  I don't have to crank the UA-5 quite as high, and I get the EQ capabilities of the mixer...it only cost me $75 brand new.

Socks are overrated.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com