Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stupid newbie  (Read 5192 times)

Offline gratefulphish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Gone Tapin'
Re: Stupid newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
No one should feel stupid for merely being a gnuB.  Unless anyone here was born with the innate ability to record, we all had to start somewhere, and then keep moving forward.  TS wasn't here decades ago.  This place is an invaluable resource for people like you starting out in this insane hobby/illness/obsession.  As I used to tell people working for me, "there is no such thing as a stupid question."  I would rather that someone ask ten questions, and then get something right, then only ask one, or none, and then screw things up because they were afraid to ask.

Use the search function.  Read a lot, and then read some more, and then ask away.  In general you will get a wealth of helpful answers to just about any conceivable issue.  +T for finding your way to your new home.
4 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>SD 722   2 channel: Neumann TLM-170R>Segue Dogstar>Lunatec V3>SD 722
               Linked to Lunatec V3>MT 24/96                                     (Hi-Ho Silver Interconnects)     

Other gear: AKG C451Es, Tascam DA-P1, Sony D-8

Offline _ed_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Stupid newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »
Hey.not sure if there is time or not...but...i have a pair of sp-bmc3s that i'd let you borrow.youd haue to cover shipping. Email me if you are interested.                                -make sure you run line in .....not mic in.
Thanks for the offer, but there probably isn't enough time and I'd be more comfortable using my own anyway...then it's only my problem if I break anything!

So I'm going to buy a CMC-2 and a SPSB-6. Decided that since this is the only thing I'll actually want to try to record myself (usually just want to jump around and have a good time at concerts and festivals, and I get the chance to do that at the other Muse show I'm going to) I can probably sell the stuff again and make back a bit of the money so it should be fine.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help, really appreciate it.  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com