Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Custom cable to power AD20 & Church Audio BAT-2B without all the added noise?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline oscoastierob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Go tape SLM
    • oscoastierob's facebook
Looking to build a custom cable to power my AD20 & Church Audio BAT-2B from the same power runner 2300 battery without all the added noise. I built a cable with straight cable and nothing added (capacitors ect) and it was really noisy. What components should I add to eliminate the noise? This is the style cable I'm using to connect to the BAT-2B by just snapping it on like you would the 9v battery the red end was cut off and connected to the appropriate radshack adaptaplug/cables.

Like I said this worked but it was really noisey, what will eliminate that extra noise and let me be able to use this monster battery without burning through those pesky 9Vs?
Peluso CEMC-6 /CK2, CK4, CK21, CK41-> Hydra Silver XLRs-> XTC silver interconnects-> UA-5 BM2p+ mod-> SPDIF-> R4

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
so are you pluging it into the dc power in on the AD-20?  and not the 9v spot...

I amde a set up with a 12v Sealed Lead Acid Battery (12v 3.4 AmpHour PowerSonic PS-12130) to power my Denceke AD-20 and my (Phantom) PS-2
it could run both for nearly 20 hours
the ad 20 doesnt use much juice
but the Phantom, depending on the mics does...
I contacted denecke
I no longer use the AD 20
but was using the 12v SLA to power my Presonus Firebox

as far as I remember the AD-20 can be powered in a voltage range from 7v to 18 (maybe 24v)

I daont understand the noise issue though?
how does it introduce noise?

did this help?
or thats not the issue?
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com