Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SLA setup help!  (Read 3202 times)

Offline rowjimmy

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
SLA setup help!
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:51:40 PM »
Ok. I have my battery 12v 18Amphours (3 tons  ;) )  and I've wired it up for my konnekt8.

But it won't power up.

1) The battery is fully charged.

2) I've matched the polarity spec on the device (inner is neg. sleeve is pos.) and verified the polarity with my multimeter (compared to the wallwart output.)

3) device does power up with the wallwart (not fried.)

4) the only difference that I can determine is that the wallwart puts out 12.1v and the battery, fully charged is 12.9v could that make the difference? suggestions?
Bandcamp | Host of The Brokedown Podcast
mic > wires > recorder

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
Re: SLA setup help!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 12:20:05 PM »
ok, so not a lot of suggestions flying around here but I've concocted a bit of a work-around.

How's this sound:
12v SLA > rat-shack car power adapter > 12V DC-to-110V AC Car Power Inverter > Konnekt8 wall wart
?

I got the idea from here: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,68238.msg914373.html#msg914373

Might that work?
mic > wires > recorder

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »
ok, so not a lot of suggestions flying around here but I've concocted a bit of a work-around.

How's this sound:
12v SLA > rat-shack car power adapter > 12V DC-to-110V AC Car Power Inverter > Konnekt8 wall wart
?

I got the idea from here: http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,68238.msg914373.html#msg914373

Might that work?

that might work but you will greatly reduce you runtime, definately a suitable temporary solution.

Maybe try draining the SLA a bit to lower the voltage.  It seems odd that the 12.9V would be too high for the unit, unless it really like 9v or somthing that the AC adapter load causes the voltage to drop below 12v

maybe try asking

Mike Martin TC|US distributer @ keysolutns@hotmail.com  he has posed about their products on a few message boards I see
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:02:30 PM by fozzy »
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 03:03:56 PM »

that might work but you will greatly reduce you runtime, definately a suitable temporary solution.

Maybe try draining the SLA a bit to lower the voltage.  It seems odd that the 12.9V would be too high for the unit, unless it really like 9v or somthing that the AC adapter load causes the voltage to drop below 12v

How much do you think it'll recude run time? 20%, 50% Makes me wonder if it's worth hauling...
mic > wires > recorder

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:09:33 PM »

How much do you think it'll recude run time? 20%, 50% Makes me wonder if it's worth hauling...

probably closer to 50%, which i guess is better than the 0% you have now.

looking @ the specs it may be possible to use the firewire input to power the unit w/ a hacked firewire cable.
I would confirm this with someone else that has more knowlege of the box, it may expect a computer connection if being powered via firewire.

Pin 1 +
Pin 2 -

MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Offline rowjimmy

• rowjimmy.com
    • Row Knows
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 04:02:12 PM »
50%  :-\

I considered researching the firewire idea. Might be a longterm notion but I'm not ready to make it happen overnight...

mic > wires > recorder

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.077 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com