Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: A good store for audio equipment in London? also, wireless mic?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline PabloW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sorry if here's not the place to ask.

I'm probably travelling to London and I want to purchase a Zoom H6, and probablo some wireless mic. I will use it for recording audio for some video productions. Does anyone know a good store around there? I've seen the H6 in Amazon for £300 which is something like 460 USD according to Google. Do you think I can get a better price than that? in the US it's 400 USD, it would be great if I could find it for that same price, is it something feacible?

Also I used the wireless Canon WM-V1 mics yesterday were I filmed an event and I was really happy with the clean audio results I got, but the audio isn't amazing, works though. Is there something I could get for a similar price tag which has better quality?

Thanks!

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
Re: A good store for audio equipment in London? also, wireless mic?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 10:21:20 AM »
The top stores for pro-audio in London are:-

KMR

The Studio Shop

Funky Junk

All these are for the good stuff.

At the cheap end, look at:-

Studiospares

But - especially if you live in the USA - it is normally much cheaper to buy stuff in the USA rather than Europe - What you pay $100 for in the USA is normally about £100 in the UK  >:(

Offline PabloW

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 09:35:02 PM »
It's only in the last one, and more expensive =(

Thanks anyway! yes, I think I won't get for cheaper than the amazon.co.uk price

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 10:06:02 AM »
For that price, I don't think you could do much better. Sony makes a similar Bluetooth wireless system for a comparable price that might sound a little better, but without trying it there's no way to know. For video we use the Sennheiser ENG system:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618735-REG/Sennheiser_EW_100_ENG_G3_A_Evolution_G3_100_Series.html

Which is a bit out of your price range. I own a Telex UT-102 system that I've used for personal stuff and I'm quite happy with it.
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.082 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com