Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee Mini-MP XLR Analog Out  (Read 6650 times)

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
Re: Apogee Mini-MP XLR Analog Out
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
Question for the board, being the whore that I am, I saw a taper tape with an Apogee Mini-MP at the Dead & Co. show last week and became immediately green with envy.  Since then, I've been perusing eBay and found a couple units refurbed by Apogee.

This one looks particularly nice.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manufacturer-Refurbished-Apogee-Mini-MP-Stereo-Microphone-Preamp/262129727005

I am, however, concerned about the "hot" XLR output coming from the Apogee.  I was looking to stand this up in front of my Sony PCM-M10, but the M10 has only a single, stereo-mini input.  Is it safe to run XLR outs into a M10 in this fashion?  I did a quick check and see several single (mono) XLR-F cables that terminate to a mini-jack, but see few dual XLR-F cables that terminate to a single, stereo-mini cable.  I suppose Ted or Robb could make one??? I'm not sure ...

Does anyone have any experience running one of these things and/or outputting from XLR to stereo-mini?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris.
That was me

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
Re: Apogee Mini-MP XLR Analog Out
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 02:42:59 PM »
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=157819.msg1989756#msg1989756

I ran an MMP>M10 from 2009 to 2012 and just picked up another one.  There's a photo of the custom cable rig I used in the post linked above.  I think I ran the gain at +20 for must shows.  No issues with the output levels.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Apogee Mini-MP / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com