Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking To Buy a Setup  (Read 11725 times)

Offline nassau73

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Looking To Buy a Setup
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2016, 02:56:17 PM »
You might want to read through this thread about croakies:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=171985.msg2130170#msg2130170

As I posted in that topic:
I followed these instructions from Sound Pros to work with my white AT-933's (essentially the SP-CMC-8 mics). You need the Suiters model of Croakies:

https://www.soundprofessionals.com/instructions/SP%20EMC%203.doc

I have wire frame glasses and do not have the thick eyeglass arms as the picture that was posted in the croakie thread  so for me there is plenty of room to thread the mics. I found that once the mics are threaded, the AT933's are so small that they can slide back out very easily so I took a small amount of electrical tape and simply wrapped it around the ends of the croakies where the mic wires come out at the back. It also helps keep the croakie ends from fraying where you cut the end off.

You can get the suiters model of croakies pretty inexpensively through Amazon if you can't find a local dealer.

Offline Jerseyguy57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2016, 11:47:50 PM »
How is this battery box for power? PART#: SP-SPSB-10 - Sound Professionals - Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery - various cable choices available. Made in USA. - Item #14834

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 04:03:05 PM »
^ Personally, I would opt for one that takes a standard 9V battery. Just easier to find a replacement battery in a pinch and you can use a rechargeable with many of them...

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2016, 03:40:06 AM »
^ I don't have any skin in the game, just my personal preference.  I can't get an A23 at the train stations I travel through, which is pretty much my definition of "in a pinch".  Plus, the 9V SP boxes get ten times the battery life of their 12V BBs...

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2016, 09:28:18 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^
Funny aaronji, I read Jon's comment and thought, yes he is correct in most USA cities about convenience stores or pharmacies. Which due to rampant unthinking real estate expansion it is a fact that many communities in the USA have two pharmacies at almost every major intersection!
In the EU, where train travel is more common and I can't speak to the amount of pharmacies on each corner, but am willing to bet there aren't as many, I can see where the 9Volt would be more ideal.
I can buy A23's or 9V's equally as easy here in the great state of NY.     8)
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2016, 03:48:56 PM »
^ I don't have any skin in the game, just my personal preference.  I can't get an A23 at the train stations I travel through, which is pretty much my definition of "in a pinch".  Plus, the 9V SP boxes get ten times the battery life of their 12V BBs...

Like aaronji, I also don't have any skin in the game, but aren't there some mini-mics that will get fried by 12 volts direct from the battery box?  If so then 9v seems like the safer bet to me. 

Offline Jerseyguy57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 08:59:55 PM »
Any thoughts from anyone on the over the ear or in ear binaurals? Worth a look or no?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com