Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mini mixer  (Read 882 times)

Offline weroflu

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
mini mixer
« on: November 05, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »
Working on an altoids sized 6x2 balanced mic pre mixer.
That 1510 pre's, phase, phantom, mute, 3.5mm balanced input jack, bourns volume pot
dedicated panning per channel, no fancy pan(ts)

Shots of preamp card, sd card adaptor included for scale. Just finished soldering the card, could easily get slaughtered with testing, cold joints and a million other design error.

Offline Ben Turnbull

• Don't ask me about Audacity...
  • Trade Count: (13)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • A Clark Nova ate my lunch... Don't ask, just pee
Re: mini mixer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 10:55:34 AM »
I dig tiny stuf. +T
Who came first, Dave King or Zack Galifianakis?...
-My name is Ben, and I'm an AQhaulic ranting hysterically in my dotage
Official Archivist for Jazz Central Studios, MinniMN
DPA4021/SKM140/NakCM1k/ADK A51s/ATes943/SPc4/och... > TinyBox OT> PCM-M10/DR-680/R4/T+mod UA5 needs attention

Offline weroflu

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 03:15:50 PM »
Pic of  5 boards attached. Middle purple is the backplane. From top down on left are summing/master card, bipolar supply, p48 supply. Rightmost is the channel strip/preamp card.

For scale the bipolar supply component area is half the size of a thumbnail. I actually got all 15 or so  parts soldered onto one of these but it was a disaster when testing, smoke and then a sizzle and pop so back to the drawing board. Found some pins bridged on the ic probably caused by me in overheating, esd, or other beginner's mistake.

Going to try for round 2 this week with the bipolar supply and then the channel card.  I found applying solder paste on the small pads was just too difficult without a stencil so did the passives with an iron.

Offline weroflu

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 01:17:16 PM »
preamp/channel strip is working
bipolar supply working
phantom supply working
summing card soldered but untested

birdseye of cards sitting in chassis, 9V battery for scale
2nd pic left to right: summing card, phantom supply, bipolar supply, channel strip

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (12)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 03:39:13 PM »
Wow that's tight work!  Good to see your progress on all this.
volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values | numeric values > voltages > vibrations > virtual teleportation time-machine experience

"Narrow or widely spaced microphone configurations are preferred. It is well-known experience that pure coincidence microphone concepts are not able to produce a satisfying natural spatial impression, due to the lack of adequate interchannel temporal relations (time-of-arrival, phase, correlation)" -Günther Theile
"The mix of the Double M/S signals with a large A/B configuration of omnis results in the spacious sound that is often desired. This option also provides decorrelated low-frequency signals." -Helmut Wittek

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.111 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com