Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Stealth methods, mounting, getting gear inside, please help me  (Read 3295 times)

Offline hardpan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Good afternoon. I plan on starting taping soon. Mostly taping a taper friendly band in an open setting. There are some venues that don't allow taping, and I would like to begin working on my stealth setup. I plan on using the new Roland R-07, CA-14 cardioids and ugly battery box. From poking around here, I see that all stealth advice is kept to private messages, so if you have any advice you are willing to share, please send me a message!!

Offline hardpan

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Stealth methods, mounting, getting gear inside, please help me
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
Oh, get outta here, I had no idea. I just want to make the best recordings possible. I know it will come with experience and ultimately any stealth setup will have to be customized by the user. I have an idea of what I want to do, just interested in any advice from tapers who have rigged up ways to make it work. I've heard of the hoff on this site too, not sure what he does but it always seems that he pops up when some openly asks for stealth advice.

Offline DATBoy

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 05:30:36 PM »
Most people are going to be hesitant to PM a new user asking for advice about stealth techniques. Especially given there’s been an abundance of threads about stealth techniques in the last few weeks. There’s even apparently been someone associated with a music venue gathering intel.

Also heads up about the ‘hoff.

I've been asking myself why in the world is this person so interested in finding out the methods by tapers. Is it ruining his business? Is he trying to look for a promotion outside of his lame desk job trying to get into another better venue or is he just a simple asshole trying to troll around here?

Also, it's interesting to point out that there only seems to be ONE person I know of around here who even bothers going to that place here and there, so I very much doubt it has anything to do with sudden potential revenue loss by multiple tapers. If this manager has a problem with this, maybe he should invest his time and energy out on the person who knows who is taping there and just disappear from here completely. Otherwise, I don't see an abundant amount of people who are really keen on going to that venue for many of their shows. Just doesn't make much sense to me.

Offline relefunt

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
  • kindfulness
    • Milwaukee Taper
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 03:28:07 AM »
It’s totally normal to ask about stealth taping here. Don’t worry about it. And just ignore those other spoil-sports!

I can give you advice via PM, but first I need to know if you have the right “extra equipment” needed for stealth taping and sneaking gear into a venue.

This extra stuff includes:
1) two condoms, any brand. Don’t skimp on price because (trust me) you don’t want these to break. Honest.
2) lubrication jelly — KY is a good bet but there are many different brands and many of us have our favorites.
3) an anoscope. Your doctor will have one. You can also probably get one from a medical supply house or maybe even Amazon.com.

Let me know when you have all the “extra stuff” we stealthers use on an every day basis, and then shoot me over a PM. We experienced hands shouldn’t just “sit on” this information.

And — good luck!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:11:41 AM by relefunt »
AKG c414xls, Beyerdynamic MC930, Line Audio CM3 and OM1. Superluxe S502mk2
Sneaky: Church CA11+14, Audiotechnica AT853.
Preamps: Shure FP24, CA9200.
Recorder: Sound Devices MixPre6, Roland R05, Sony M10.
my local taping blog: milwaukeetaper.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com