I had to come up with a "recording contract" to give to a band, guaranteeing several things (no money, no trading, band gets copy).
Here is the original topic:http://www.taperssection.com/index.php?topic=26417.0
Moke seems to have had great success using it already! Apparently it got him permission when he shouldn't have gotten it!
Here is the final version I used, you are welcome to modify it anyway you see fit and use it whenever you need to give written assurance to a doubtful artist:
Terry N. Watts
City, State XXXXX
Artist company name
City, State XXXXX
The contract, by and between TERRY N. WATTS (hereinafter referred to as the "RECORDIST") and (ARTIST) and (ARTIST COMPANY) (collectively hereinafter referred to as the "ARTIST"), and effective this (DATE OF SHOW).
IT IS, THEREFORE, AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. TERM. The effectiveness of this Agreement shall commence with its execution by all of the parties, and shall continue indefinitely.
2. PRODUCTION OF RECORDING. RECORDIST shall provide all recorded material (hereinafter referred to as the "RECORDING") to the ARTIST. RECORDING shall be 16 bit, 48k master FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codex) and 16 bit, 44.1k master Audio CDRs. All pertinent information and materials shall also be included. All materials shall be shipped to (ARTIST COMPANY) at the address listed above.
3. COSTS. ARTIST shall not be responsible for any financial reimbursement for any service rendered by RECORDIST. This includes any production and shipping costs.
4. ARTISTIC CONTROL. ARTIST shall be responsible for all decisions regarding the artistic content of the RECORDING. ARTIST has exclusive rights to the RECORDING and copyright shall be the sole property of the ARTIST. RECORDIST gives up all rights to the RECORDING, except for one copy for personal use.
5. DISTRIBUTION. ARTIST has exclusive rights to the distribution of the RECORDING. RECORDIST gives up all rights to the distribution of the Recording. RECORDIST shall not distribute the RECORDING and shall not interfere with the efforts of ARTIST to distribute the RECORDING in any way.
6. DATES AND LOCATION OF RECORDING SESSION. The recording session necessary to produce the RECORDING shall occur at (VENUE NAME AND LOCATION) commencing on (DATE OF SHOW).
THE PARTIES AGREE to the terms and obligations.
TERRY WATTS (RECORDIST) date
Amateur field recording engineer
Thanks to everyone that gave any kind of input, +Ts to everybody!!!
PS, the recording came out great - sitar and tabla... sorry, but no copies (yet)...