Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mini-Me 6V runtime  (Read 5161 times)

Offline JeffK

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
Mini-Me 6V runtime
« on: November 07, 2002, 02:16:39 AM »
I setup the Rev. C Mini-Me tonight and ran it on 6V in my office.  It ran for almost exactly 7 hours until it died.  

Starting voltage was 8.6V.  Ending voltage was 5.8V.  Using a 6V/7AH battery, running the Mini-Me preamp with 48 volt phantom powering MK4V>KC5>CMC6.  Most of the time I didn't have a deck connected to the spdif, but that shouldn't matter much, I don't think.

Looks like a 6V/7AH will run for a full show with no problems... festivals the 15hr runtime that Doug experienced with the 12V/7AH would be nice though :)

jpschust

Re:Mini-Me 6V runtime
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 10:04:31 AM »
Jeff You Rule!  PS- Met a friend of yours down here at Keller... she knew you from when she dated some other taper in WI....cant remember her name for the life of me :-)

Tim

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2002, 05:40:55 PM »
Thanks Jeff! Eco-Charge told me that with one of their dual output 6v systems you could run a D8 and a MME for 4.5 hours. Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going in that direction, I know I sure am!

Tim

Offline JeffK

• Taperssection Member
  • ...just a little split off center than the most
    • umphreaks!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2002, 06:19:12 PM »
Johnny, I know who you must be talkin about too... I also cannot remember her name though :)  Dated my friend Steve forever.

Tim, that seems about right for a D8 and MME on a single 6v/7ah battery.  It'll be enough to get through just about any single show, which will be very nice.  Now I just need to decide if I'm gonna buy a MME or V3 or neither, hehe.

Offline Nick S.

• Taperssection Member
  • Gotta wear that coat
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2002, 07:48:04 PM »
Is this 4.5 time with or w/o phantom power?  And does an M1 draw about the same power as a D8 or could I expect more runtime?  Thanks
And your head is spinning from a loud guitar . . .

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com