Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AD-20: what is the bit-depth of the SDPIF output?  (Read 6402 times)

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:AD-20: what is the bit-depth of the SDPIF output?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2004, 02:19:46 PM »
Our interest in the AD-20 stems from the fact that we've said yes to building a custom stealth setup around the AD-20 for a customer: mics -> actives -> AD-20 -> recorder.

Did did this ever come to fruition? Any more info?

Offline ingsy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: AD-20: what is the bit-depth of the SDPIF output?
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 06:29:10 PM »
^bump^

jk labs stop returning my emails   ::) - anyone know if can mod the ad-20 as an active cable settup?  thanks.  -ingsy
Mics: AKG C 414 B-XL II/ST, Nevaton MCE 400
Other: M148, AD-500e, AD-1000, ACM PMD 660, R09-HR, JB3

Offline jk labs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Straight wire!
    • Mics, pre and ADC...
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 11:33:59 PM »
^bump^

jk labs stop returning my emails   ::) - anyone know if can mod the ad-20 as an active cable settup?  thanks.  -ingsy

"stop returning emails"?? NEVER!  ;D  But the net has it's own way of stealing my most valueable hours so logging on is just very much prioritized down for the time being (units in progress have priority).

So, I _will_ respond to emails albeit expect a response time of several days.   

For the record, I replied to the posting above (by Ashevillain) in private PM) in an attempt to not get a lot of questions before I am ready to reply. 

Status on the AD-20 "extreme makeover":
(A very patient soul sent me an AD-20 for the purpose of obtaining a very compact active AKG set-up around it. But it could equally well be made to work with Mk4/KCY, MG/actives, KM40/LC3, MBHO etc or even as I discussed with someone:  hardwire a pair of BlueLine caps to it).   

I've dissected the AD-20, analysed it, simulated it, and determined how we'll rebuild the sturdy little blue wonder. 

But despite having pondered and experimented this for months now, I am still working on the solution.
The issue is mostly how to get around a few sonic ehhh "features" inherent in the design.

The XLRs are gone. Cable interface installed. Mic-pre reworked to support actives. Parts changed. Gain structure adjusted (to suit actual signal level range).  Single-shaft dual-gain pot installed. Digital stage reworked. Sampling rate upped to 48 kHz. And a "few" other things. But I am still working on tweaking it to get the most out it and will spend several more weeks so doing.  

Regards,
Jon
« Last Edit: September 13, 2004, 09:19:10 PM by jk labs »

Offline Zaphod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 11:55:32 PM »
Thanks for the update, sounds like a great mod if all works out!  :)

we are the people the rescuers will never find

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »
^bump^

"stop returning emails"?? NEVER!  ;D  But the net has it's own way of stealing my most valueable hours so logging on is just very much prioritized down for the time being (units in progress has priority and the backlog is serious).

So, I _will_ respond to emails albeit expect a response time of several days.   

For the record I replied to the posting above (by Ashevillain) in private in an attempt to not get a lot of questions before I am ready to reply. 

Status on the AD-20 "extreme makeover":
(A very patient soul sent me an AD-20 for the purpose of obtaining a very compact active AKG set-up around it.
But it could equally well be made to work with Mk4/KCY, MG/actives, KM40/LC3, MBHO etc or even as I discussed with someone:  hardwire a pair of BlueLine caps to it).   

I've dissected the AD-20, analysed it, simulated it, and determined how we'll rebuild the sturdy little blue wonder. 

But despite having pondered and experimented this for months now, I am still working on the solution.
The issue is mostly how to get around a few sonic ehhh "features" inherent in the design.

The XLRs are gone. Cable interface installed. Mic-pre reworked to support actives. Parts changed. Gain structure adjusted (to suit actual signal level range).  Single-shaft dual-gain pot installed. Digital stage reworked. Sampling rate upped to 48 kHz. And a "few" other things. But I am still working on tweaking it to get the most out it and will spend several more weeks so doing.  

Regards,
Jon

wow...any chance of stuffing a level meter in there too?  ;)

if this comes to fruition i may have you mess with mine to work with the mbho active set up i am getting. ;D
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com