Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtrack 24/96 -- What are the "good" cards you use?  (Read 8325 times)

ho

• Trade Count: (0)
Microtrack 24/96 -- What are the "good" cards you use?
« on: February 23, 2006, 03:03:10 PM »
Looking to get a large user consensus on the matter on the good cards. Might be a good guide for people looking to buy a Microtrack (like myself (D8 is on the down fall)).

ho

Re: Microtrack 24/96 -- What are the "good" cards you use?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 03:12:44 PM »
the search function is your friend.  :)

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=59007.0;all

The search engine is a big piece of garbage most of the time boss man.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 03:17:00 PM »

Works fine for me and boatloads of others.  Must be user error.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 03:17:54 PM »
That comment is stil pretty funny.  I hope my employees never call me "bossman" behind my back ;D
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 03:19:34 PM »

Works fine for me and boatloads of others.  Must be user error.

:yack:

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Krispy D

• Trade Count: (1)
    • my recordings on LMA
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:53:22 PM »

Big boss man, can't you hear me when I call,
You ain't so big, you just tall, that's just about all.

You got me working boss man,
a workin' round the clock,
you wanna little drink a whiskey,
you sure won't let me stop.

I'm gonna get me a boss man,
one gonna treat me right,
I work hard in the daytime,
sure get stoned at night.

BWAA HHAAA  HAAA  HAAA!
Peluso CEMC6, ck4/ck21
Oktava MC012
Sony ECM260f
AT 811

canare star quads
DIY mil spec silvers

DIY (W-ish) mod UA5>JB3
Oade ACM PMD 660
R4

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
~Rev. William J. H. Boetcker (not Lincoln)

Offline svenkid

• Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:44:07 PM »
kingston 4 gigger!
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 01:35:29 PM »
I cannot get a 4gig scandisc CF to work, please help,  " no media found" even with FAT32.
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 10:33:36 AM »
I cannot get a 4gig scandisc CF to work, please help,  " no media found" even with FAT32.

Is this while running MicroTrack firmware 1.3.3 or 1.2.3 (I'd try both as at least one card is known to have stopped working with 1.3.3).

What exact card is it?  Does it say anythign elase on it besides Sandisk?  (Like Ultra or Extreme or whatever? or a speed?) Just trying to pin down the exact card so we can see if someone else is succesfully using that card?

J.T.

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »

Is this while running MicroTrack firmware 1.3.3 or 1.2.3 (I'd try both as at least one card is known to have stopped working with 1.3.3).

What exact card is it?  Does it say anythign elase on it besides Sandisk?  (Like Ultra or Extreme or whatever? or a speed?) Just trying to pin down the exact card so we can see if someone else is succesfully using that card?

J.T.

I am running 1.3.3  bootloader 1.02     As soon as I purchased it I upgraded the firmware, I am not sure how to go back to 1.2.3  but I can give it a try.  I am using a SANDISK  4.0G    it is not ultra II  or anything like that.   

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 11:07:18 AM »
Ok I downgraded to 1.2.2   it still does not see MY 4 GIG cf even if I throw the switch to 2 gig , my nieghbor has a 6 gig hitachi microdrive and that doesnt work either.

Funny though,  when I connect the MT to my computer, when the drive pops up in windows explorer, I can dump files onto the 4GIG card without any problems,  but as soon as I disconnect the USD cable, I get "no media found"

Offline jtessier

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 11:47:28 AM »
Ok I downgraded to 1.2.2   it still does not see MY 4 GIG cf even if I throw the switch to 2 gig , my nieghbor has a 6 gig hitachi microdrive and that doesnt work either.

Funny though,  when I connect the MT to my computer, when the drive pops up in windows explorer, I can dump files onto the 4GIG card without any problems,  but as soon as I disconnect the USD cable, I get "no media found"

That's very suspicious. A lot of people are using the 6GB HItachi with no problems (myself included). Maybe it really is defective somehow. Can you format that Hitachi (providing your neighbor doesn't have anything on it) while it's mounter under Windows?  Does that make any difference?  are you sure it's a 'Hitachi' drive and not some other brand?

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 12:17:14 PM »

That's very suspicious. A lot of people are using the 6GB HItachi with no problems (myself included). Maybe it really is defective somehow. Can you format that Hitachi (providing your neighbor doesn't have anything on it) while it's mounter under Windows?  Does that make any difference?  are you sure it's a 'Hitachi' drive and not some other brand?

i was able to format the hitachi microdrive when the MT was connect to the PC, same with the sandisc 4gig, but as soon as I disconnected the USB cable I get no media found.  However,  this unit has been working flawlessly with a 2 gig pny card, I have filled up the card about 10 times at 24/96 via spdif  not one error yet...I wish there was a way I could try a 4gig pny card.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com