Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Help with mixing of two sources of one show  (Read 1232 times)

Offline twoheadedboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Catching signals that sound in the dark....
Help with mixing of two sources of one show
« on: October 30, 2005, 04:23:18 PM »
Can somebody help me with how to do this? Here's what I have (Built to Spill 10/10/05 in Iowa City in case you're wondering):

Source #1: CSB on stand>DAT>analog transfer>"EQ'ed" - Complete, has that lack of bass that sources using mics intended to be headworn tend to have but treble is clear and bright, one spot of diginoise
Source #2: DSM's headworn>Hi-MD in PCM>digital transfer>currently in raw state (this is my source) - 30 sec of one track cut due to "tape flip", annoying guy in my vicinity that is apparent between some songs and even during a couple, great bass and midrange but treble is maybe a little lacking due to the location

My problem is that I don't even know where to start...I have Adobe Audition and I know how to use the multitrack mode so that I can sync the two up. I know how to EQ individual recordings to make them sound more pleasant, but after that I have no idea what to raise or lower as far as amplification/eq and how to make smooth transitions when there's a problem in one recording and I want to emphasize the other. Can somebody help me?

I'd also be willing to cop out and let someone interested who has skill in this area to do it for me, but I figure this is something I should learn :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com