Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Trouble Transferring Files from a JB3?  (Read 5645 times)

Offline shaunpekar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Dose Your Face
    • My Live Music Collection
Trouble Transferring Files from a JB3?
« on: November 11, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »
Help!!!

I know everyone is going to suggest it, so before they do, I have spent like 10 hours in the JB3 Tutorial in the Archive Section, and The Creative Labs website, and neither of which are any use to me at the moment. I cant find anything pertaining to my problem.  :-\

I installed all of the correct drivers and the Nomad Explorer software. When I open up the Nomad Explorer software the JB3 shows up, and I can open up the JB3 and see both of the shows I recorded this weekend.

When I try to transfer them to my computer via drag and drop, or copy and paste, it will act like it is transferring the files the first time I try. It will get up to about 60 percent transferred, and then give me a message like "Access to the file is denied "(FILE NAME i.e. The Heavy Pets Set I.wav)" Every time after the first attempt, I just get the same message, with no transferred amount.

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
JM27's > FR2LE

Face to face we will meet again, But never eye to eye

Offline diggrd

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Trouble Transferring Files from a JB3?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2007, 02:16:17 PM »
Seems to me I had this same issue last time I was transferring a show and all I remember is I may not have had enough room on the drive. I think I tried a different PC and had no problems.
EW-SR77 > MR1000
EW-SRO > PS-2 > MR1
SP-CMC-4U(AT853U) > BB > JB3

Offline shaunpekar

• Taperssection Member
  • Dose Your Face
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:24:54 PM »
Plenty of room on both drives...

I dont think thats the problem...
JM27's > FR2LE

Offline tms

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 09:20:12 AM »
Can anyone help Shaun out here?  I just sold him this JB3 and he's having trouble getting it to work with XP.  I used it with XP and firewire, he's trying to use it with XP and USB.

Isn't there something with the order of installation?   Aren't you supposed to install the driver, then Nomad Explorer?  Seems like the order of installation was a problem for me one time. 

Try blasting it off your system and starting from scratch.  Don't plug in the JB3 until the software is on your machine.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP battery box > Edirol R-09

Roving Sign

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 09:24:31 AM »
Not trying to sell anyone anything here but -

Give this a try

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/sveta-portable-audio.htm

has a 30 day free trail...
Sveta has been the most hassle-free of all the stuff I've tried...plus if you have an Ipod - it will work for that too...

Roving Sign

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 09:26:12 AM »
Can anyone help Shaun out here?  I just sold him this JB3 and he's having trouble getting it to work with XP.  I used it with XP and firewire, he's trying to use it with XP and USB.

Maybe he needs a USB 1.0 driver for XP - maybe he has USB 2.0 drivers and the JB3 is USB 1.0???

Offline tms

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 09:36:18 AM »
USB 1.0 device not recognized by a USB2.0 port? I don't know, maybe, but I would think that it would be backward compatible.

Here's a thread with some good info in it.  There's a link to the driver and application on TS too.  http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,76459.0.html

If you think the driver and Nomad Explorer are installed correctly, one suggestion was shut off the pc and the jb3, leave them connected by usb. Turn on the jb3 and let it boot.  Then turn on the pc. 

Do you have a firewire port?  I've read where the USB connection is sometimes hard to make work. It is a USB1.0 port too, so very slow transfer once you get it working.    You may want to get a firewire adapter for your pc.  They're only $15-25 new. It would be worth it if it would solve the connection problem.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 09:38:20 AM by tms »
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP battery box > Edirol R-09

Offline shaunpekar

• Taperssection Member
  • Dose Your Face
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 04:03:32 PM »
Ok, so an update.

I wiped the computer of all of the drivers and software, reinstalled them again. Nothing.

So I wiped them again, and tried the Sveta software mentioned previously in the thread. It did exactly the same thing that Nomad Explorer is doing. It recognizes the JB3, and on the first attempt to transfer files, it will get to around 50 percent transfered and then it will stop. Subsequent attempts don't even go past zero. Are the files to big. Is it possible for the JB3 or computer to Time out. It made a small transfer of an 8 minute sound check, but the big files (70 mins., 90 mins. and 133 mins.) just wont go. 

any thoughts

JM27's > FR2LE

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 04:11:06 PM »
Ok, so an update.

I wiped the computer of all of the drivers and software, reinstalled them again. Nothing.

So I wiped them again, and tried the Sveta software mentioned previously in the thread. It did exactly the same thing that Nomad Explorer is doing. It recognizes the JB3, and on the first attempt to transfer files, it will get to around 50 percent transfered and then it will stop. Subsequent attempts don't even go past zero. Are the files to big. Is it possible for the JB3 or computer to Time out. It made a small transfer of an 8 minute sound check, but the big files (70 mins., 90 mins. and 133 mins.) just wont go. 

any thoughts

I know you said no, but the symptoms are classic for running out of space on a hard drive. Are you partitioned? Have you tried another PC. It is connecting and downloading, and it sure sounds like a PC issue.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Roving Sign

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 04:30:02 PM »
Ok, so an update.

any thoughts

I know you said no, but the symptoms are classic for running out of space on a hard drive. Are you partitioned? Have you tried another PC. It is connecting and downloading, and it sure sounds like a PC issue.

and usually the driver problems are more about the device being recognized...not so much stuff like this.

On a long shot..try going into Rescue Mode and do a "Clean Up"...it wont hurt anything - but might help...

Other than that - I would say you have to try another PC...eliminate the JB3 first.

Offline pontiacb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 03:18:11 AM »
I'm not a JB3 user, but could it possibly be the result of a disk problem with the JB3?  I had something similar with my iRiver with a large file and found it was a disk problem by using chkdsk from the command prompt and subsequently managed to fix the problem using chkdsk.  Probably worth giving it a go to check this isn't the problem.

Roving Sign

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »
I'm not a JB3 user, but could it possibly be the result of a disk problem with the JB3?  I had something similar with my iRiver with a large file and found it was a disk problem by using chkdsk from the command prompt and subsequently managed to fix the problem using chkdsk.  Probably worth giving it a go to check this isn't the problem.

not a windows/DOS type file system...

Offline alpine85

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2007, 02:04:56 PM »
I'm having troubles transferring from my JB3 too.   When I try to transfer a show (500mb to 1gb+) to my HD, I get error messages saying the drive doesn't have enough space.  I've tried both partitions (my C drive has 65GB free and D has 75GB free) - same error.  Space is not an issue.  I'm using USB too (on my main computer).  Firewire transfer to my laptop works fine. 

The exact error is: "There is not enough storage space on either the destination disk or the temporily folder"

It's not a common error message - I  googled it and only got 2 results.

And what the hell is a "temporily" folder?

Anyway, I wonder if one of the Windows updates is responsible (?) 

I have a RAID 1 setup, so maybe that's the problem?

Also, does anyone know why Nomad Explorer insists on copying the files to a temp directory and then moving them to the destination directory?   Kind of a pain in the ass and seems like an unnecessary step (and unnecessary wear & tear on the HD when you're trying to get the file to "D" and it copies by default to "C" first).

Is there any way to fix that?
MICS: AKG CK-1/CK-63/CK-8/CK-22 --> AKG 460/JW460/JW452
CABLES: GAKcables and Mogami
PRES: Apogee Mini-Me, SD USBPre-2, Busman UA-5
RECORDERS: Oade R-44, Tascam DR-100-MKII, JB3

Offline shaunpekar

• Taperssection Member
  • Dose Your Face
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 08:09:09 PM »
I'm thinking the Temp folder is what is causing my issue. It seems like I get most of the way through a transfer and it times out on me. I know USB is slow, but that middle step is making the process take longer no?

I guess I just save and buy an all in one box...lol

I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas, more like the colors of oh, a 744? I guess I'm still dreaming though.

JM27's > FR2LE

Offline diggrd

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
Maybe the difference for me was going from a machine with USB1 to one that had USB2. I know I had the problem and it went away after doing something just not sure what it was.
EW-SR77 > MR1000
EW-SRO > PS-2 > MR1
SP-CMC-4U(AT853U) > BB > JB3

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com