Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fixing Corrupt SD-Card with unprocessed recording  (Read 3399 times)

Offline u2_fly_2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Fixing Corrupt SD-Card with unprocessed recording
« on: July 19, 2019, 02:22:31 PM »
Hello all fellow taping friends.

I taped a concert yesterday, then wanted to process it as usuall. When opening the files they are not there. Like they were gone.

It happend once before, then I re-opened the files on another computer.

I believe the SD-card might be corrupt.
There are different recovery tools, yet I wonder if you have any suggestions/recommendations?

My recorder is an old Olympus LS-10. Like I said it happended oncd before yet this time the files are "gone".

It's a Sanddisk SD-card, and has worked very good so far.

Would be great to save this unprocessed recording to the after world. The recording turned out really great, except for a annoying drunk screamer.

Thank you in advance!
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Zoom Q3 HD - 1080p / 96-24 Bit

Roland R-26 (96 / 24 Bit)

Sony PCM-D100 (192 / 24 Bit)

Offline buckster

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Fixing Corrupt SD-Card with unprocessed recording
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 02:06:03 PM »
Does it show as a 0 Byte file??  If it is, I've successfully recovered those files by following the instructions here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw5zBkoWAg8

Offline u2_fly_2

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 02:21:53 PM »
Does it show as a 0 Byte file??  If it is, I've successfully recovered those files by following the instructions here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw5zBkoWAg8

Thanks for the info. I check that.
Soundprofessionals Audio Technica AT 943 (SP-CMC-8) External Stereo Microphones > SP-SPSB-10-80020
Sound Professionals Micro-mini microphone power supply with mini 12vdc battery and 24 inch hardwired output cable Soundprofessionals Batterybox >> Olympus Ls-10 Linear Recorder > 4 GB > 24 Bit / 48 Khz  > 24 Bit / 96 Khz

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
I've seen two issues in this vein

They files may simply be hidden, see this

https://www.easeus.com/storage-media-recovery/recover-hidden-files-on-memory-card.html

I recently had a R-07 shutdown in the middle of the show. I ended up with a 1.5 GB file but it was not recognized as a wav file and VLC would not play it. The file size never got written to the header. I had a use a Hex editor to repair the header.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 06:15:30 PM by rippleish20 »
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 09:35:22 PM »
I have had some success with ZAR, on a windows machine. Try to work on a backup copy if you can, or at least make a bit-for-bit disc image first, if your computer will let you.
https://www.z-a-recovery.com
Note that it's commercial software, but I have only used the free trial version.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

Offline u2_fly_2

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »
Thank you very much for the info!

Offline furburger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2019, 06:06:05 PM »
in 25+ years of taping  (though just less than 10 digitally), shit gets dropped and bumped...which leads into having had this problem a half-dozen times.

and I only found one recovery program worth a shit out of the 10+ tried.

so, if what is said above does not work, this outfit's algorithm/whathaveyou recovered about 80% of what I could not do without a "recovery program".

and the two times it couldn't recover:

one was a batch of 3 cards that were sold new as 32's...but were 4's. cam said there was 29GB of footage on each card...but it was not there (don't buy flash cards on Ebay in 2011, kids!)

the other was the edirol hitting a tile floor from 5 feet up, while playing back...that caused the deck to write a 12m corrupt segment, as if a loop, over the entire 4GB of the card (I still have the OG card, unaltered, the program found mp3's on it that were from 10 years prior, but not my files)

since those do not sound like your problem....what is this program, you ask?

http://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

you're welcome ;)
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline u2_fly_2

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2019, 06:07:39 PM »
in 25+ years of taping  (though just less than 10 digitally), shit gets dropped and bumped...which leads into having had this problem a half-dozen times.

and I only found one recovery program worth a shit out of the 10+ tried.

so, if what is said above does not work, this outfit's algorithm/whathaveyou recovered about 80% of what I could not do without a "recovery program".

and the two times it couldn't recover:

one was a batch of 3 cards that were sold new as 32's...but were 4's. cam said there was 29GB of footage on each card...but it was not there (don't buy flash cards on Ebay in 2011, kids!)

the other was the edirol hitting a tile floor from 5 feet up, while playing back...that caused the deck to write a 12m corrupt segment, as if a loop, over the entire 4GB of the card (I still have the OG card, unaltered, the program found mp3's on it that were from 10 years prior, but not my files)

since those do not sound like your problem....what is this program, you ask?

http://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

you're welcome ;)

Thanks very much for the info!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.492 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com