Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Broadway Musical/Musical Taping  (Read 2503 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
Broadway Musical/Musical Taping
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:21:13 PM »
Has anyone tried this? I am currently hooked on show tunes (laugh all you want) and I was wondernig how hard it would be to stealth this stuff. Any good tapes? I have the urge so bad I think I am taping my community theater on Sunday...Just wondering if anyone else shares my urge.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Southern Shelter
Re: Broadway Musical/Musical Taping
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:08:28 PM »
No shame there; in late high-school/early college I had a BIG show-tunes phase, right along with my Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, and Pantera. . .

I haven't taped any musicals, but my experience is that your non-traditional (by traditional I mean bars, clubs, arenas) venues would never have ANY IDEA what hit 'em.  The folks working there have probably never even heard of people stealthing rock concerts, much less think someone would try it there. . .  If by some long shot someone saw you had some kind of gear, you could probably easily convince them that you're some kind of sports nut who can't make it through the evening without keeping up with the game play-by-play.

In fact, I once saw Phantom Of The Opera at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta when the Braves were in playoffs, and a guy sitting in front of me did have an earplug in the whole time listening to the game (tix were probably $75 back then for where we were sitting).  In fact, at the curtain call, the guy who'd played the Phantom (not Michael Crawford) came out and did the "Tomahawk Chop"  ;D

Enjoy yourself. . .

Sloan

taperkat

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 06:27:31 PM »
They are designated no taping..

with that said, I have some great RENT tapes, and I want to try to get up to see another one while Fantasia and Scary Spice are still in it.

And Wicked with the original cast, which won't be happening damnit.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 06:31:06 PM by taperkat »

taperkat

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 06:30:54 PM »
No, I got them gratis as a gift. correcting previous post. fucking cold medicine.

taperkat

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 06:33:44 PM »
that's the truth. I'm a fucking RENThead through and through. Finally saw it the weekend when i went and saw bowie... amazing stuff.

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 09:57:27 PM »
I have a friend that was in Annie Get Your Gun with Bernadette Peters. Saw it a few times. Of course the thought popped into my head. I usually could get front row balcony seats. I think it would have been easy.

Of course there is no "pat down" at a Broadway show. If thats the case I can get in easy. Nice bathrooms in the joint (of course). All that = easy stealth job.

Wish I tried it now.

MIKE B
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline Chapper

• Taperssection Member
  • Do the chickens have large talons?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 10:12:37 PM »
An added bonus...quiet crowds!   
..Just be glad you live in America,
Relax and be yourself,
Because if you didn't live here in America,
You'd proabably live somewhere else.."
David Lowery

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 11:27:45 PM »
is fantasia (barrino) part of the rent cast now?

link?

and can somebody tell me why i care enough to even ask?

taperkat

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 11:37:11 PM »
Yes. She's the homeless woman, and she does the Seasons Of Love Soloes.

Melanie Brown aka Scary Spice is Mimi.

Matt Caplan is still Mark. *swoon*.

Kristen Lee Kelly kicks ass too.

www.siteforrent.com but you can score decent orchestra seats through tkts booths :D

Offline shroominhumpy

• Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 12:23:22 AM »
Right now I sun a really cheap stealth rig. SP-BMC-2 - SOUND PROFESSIONALS - MINI STANDARD OMNI MICROPHONES > Batt box > mindisc (soon to be jb3). I dont know. I have made some tapes I like with this rig. I think the binaural method will produce some pretty wicked tapes...too bad my brother didnt take gear to New York with him to tape Wicked...damn. Thanks for all  the positive feedback to this thread so far. I wasnt sure how the response would be.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

taperkat

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 12:25:40 AM »
Idina is my idol. *swoon*

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com