Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MixPre-6 & Dropouts  (Read 6659 times)

Offline jmitchell

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: MixPre-6 & Dropouts
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
Hey, yeah I can try to test it next chance I get but I can’t promise that’ll be anytime soon at the moment.

Edit: just remembered, the default cable may not work because on the powercore+ the max amperage out of the two USB 2.0 ports is 2.4A max combined, and the Mixpre-6 may need 3 amps. The USB-C output on the powercore+ I believe delivers 3 amps.

That was the issue all along.  User error
AKG C451E, CK1, CK22, CK3
Telefunken M60, TK60, TK62
Studio Projects C4 Cards & Omni
CA-14 Cards & Omni
Audioroot Femto, Sound Devices MixPre-D
Sound Devices MixPre-6, Zoom F8n, Roland R-05

Online rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
Hey, yeah I can try to test it next chance I get but I can’t promise that’ll be anytime soon at the moment.

Edit: just remembered, the default cable may not work because on the powercore+ the max amperage out of the two USB 2.0 ports is 2.4A max combined, and the Mixpre-6 may need 3 amps. The USB-C output on the powercore+ I believe delivers 3 amps.

That was the issue all along.  User error

The Mixpre requires 7.5W (1.5 amps x 5V). By spec, each USB-A connection can carry a max of .9 amps  (because the other end is USB-C) , so using both would get you enough. But people reported issues with using the dual USB-A to the same battery
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »
Jeff, well I guess it's a good thing that it's a battery issue and NOT an SD Card issue, right? I definitely feel more confident and comfortable about the SanDisk Ultra Plus SD Card that I got for my Mixpre3 from Walmart a few weeks ago, because I think that I won't have ANY issues with that card now, and I hopefully won't have to buy another SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC-I for my Mixpre3 and can just use and keep the card I got from Walmart!!! Thanks for the heads up and for running some tests for the rest of us!!! :)

Do get power reliably using the included SD Dual USB A>Single USB C Cable, you HAVE to make sure that the battery can pump out 3A-3.4A total with BOTH USB A ports. Then, plug the POWER USB A port into the highest rated USB A port, usually 2.1A or 2.4A, and then the cable marked DATA into the USB A port marked at 1A.

Otherwise, my USB A Batteries would NOT lower my Mixpre6 properly, or it would go into LOW POWER MODE, and would only allow me to run 2 Channels of phantom power, instead of 4 channels of phantom power FWIW ;) 8)

Hope this helps someone out!

But personally, I won't run my Mixpre6 or Mixpre3 with ANYTHING but Anker USB C Batteries, unless I'm doing a festival and I absolutely HAVE to use my USB A Batteries!

I should have my new Darktrain RT Angle Stubbies early this week hopefully, and I'll definitely be doing some SD Card AND Battery runtimes with my 8x & 4xAA trays, as well as the Anker Powercore+ 20,100mah USB C Batteries!
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline jmitchell

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 11:26:11 PM »
I'm going on your 12 with the 26800.
AKG C451E, CK1, CK22, CK3
Telefunken M60, TK60, TK62
Studio Projects C4 Cards & Omni
CA-14 Cards & Omni
Audioroot Femto, Sound Devices MixPre-D
Sound Devices MixPre-6, Zoom F8n, Roland R-05

Online rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com