Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Satellite HD Receivers  (Read 13637 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Satellite HD Receivers
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2007, 10:30:25 AM »
actually reading this, I am wondering if the increase is only to new subscribers...existing subs already grandfathered in?

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2007, 10:50:28 AM »
actually reading this, I am wondering if the increase is only to new subscribers...existing subs already grandfathered in?

I dunno, but I think it's worse that they charge $100 to get NFL games in HD on top of the sunday ticket package.  The HD coverage doesn't actually cost them anything more, they're just taking an extra fee because they know HD subscribers will buy it anyway.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »

I dunno, but I think it's worse that they charge $100 to get NFL games in HD on top of the sunday ticket package.  The HD coverage doesn't actually cost them anything more, they're just taking an extra fee because they know HD subscribers will buy it anyway.

agreed...for some reason I only paid $50 to get the HD pack for the NFL...guess it is because I have gotten the package for so long, but your right about the BS on the fees...sad fact is though we are going to see it happen at all providers as they roll out more HD programming as they want to recoup the equipment dollars quickly..

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com