Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag  (Read 12688 times)

Offline DATBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: stealthing with a fanny pack/bum bag
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:31:26 AM »
In my opinion, no fanny pack is going to help you when they stop you at the door and decided to carefully dig through it a FEW times just to see you have nothing they would typically allow inside. If they are careful enough, they will find your device and not let you through. Believe me, I know!

Also, some venues get really edgy when you walk in with just batteries. That's right - two double AAs in the bin before walking through the metal detector can make people very nervous.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 10:37:34 AM »
Yeah, my batteries are what I go to the most trouble to keep out of sight. A 9V doesn't make people happy

Offline audBall

• Trade Count: (37)
  • Feel brand new about it
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
Personally, I'd like to hear more about "Kylie's Hot Pants". 
mg m20.21.23 ■ akg ck61.62.63 »  nbob■naiant »  aercomp2 ■ v2-3 ■ sx-m2d2
dpa 4061 » mma-a.6000
d100 ■ r44ocm ■ f3

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:29 AM »
The fanny pack should go thru security out of sight along with other taping gear. My current stealth rig, the only thing that goes thru in plain sight is my hat.

Offline firemt66

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2018, 12:16:02 PM »
I've been going through security with a Fanny pack in the usual spot for  20 years never a problem..for me..dont have to hide it

Offline DCiora

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »
I am grateful that you all are willing to share your tactics. Would someone be so helpful to post a pic of what the whole mics on the hat, wires embedded in the collar, and recording machine in the fanny pack looks like when you are fully disguised? Like a before/after pic. I can’t tell you how helpful reading this forum is to learn how this happens and what I can look for to identify secret recording.

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
I am grateful that you all are willing to share your tactics. Would someone be so helpful to post a pic of what the whole mics on the hat, wires embedded in the collar, and recording machine in the fanny pack looks like when you are fully disguised? Like a before/after pic. I can’t tell you how helpful reading this forum is to learn how this happens and what I can look for to identify secret recording.

Here’s a before and after picture.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »
For anyone unaware, this guy is connected to a mediocre venue and thinks he's exceedingly clever with this sort of post.

Good to see you again, don't ever leave us!
Mics: AT4050ST | AT4031 | AT853 (C/SC) | Line Audio CM3 | Sennheiser e614 | Sennheiser MKE2 | DPA 4061 Pre: CA9200 Decks: Zoom F8 | Roland R-05

Offline gewwang

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 01:35:12 PM »

here ya go... go luck with your nailings...

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 01:42:16 PM »
For anyone unaware, this guy is connected to a mediocre venue and thinks he's exceedingly clever with this sort of post.

Good to see you again, don't ever leave us!
Please no trolls, tools or ass kissers trying to impress a boss. :iamwithstupid:

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 01:42:53 PM »

Here’s a before and after picture.

About right

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (31)
    • Recordings uploaded to TTD
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 02:24:58 PM »

I think I get the point but there are still plenty of places where musicians perform where taking your cell phone out during the performance will result in an usher telling you to put it away or leave immediately and therefore the audience just does not do it . In those environments tapers may not be able to easily blend into the crowd.

Mics: Schoeps MK5's, Schoeps MK41's, AT853's (C,SC,H,O), DPA 4061's
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2, DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Naiant PiPsqueak, Church Ugly, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07, Marantz PMD-661, Sound Devices Mixpre-3

Offline gewwang

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2018, 02:32:48 PM »

I think I get the point but there are still plenty of places where musicians perform where taking your cell phone out during the performance will result in an usher telling you to put it away or leave immediately and therefore the audience just does not do it . In those environments tapers may not be able to easily blend into the crowd.

which is fine with me. in those cases, security is so distracted/focused on shutting down cell phone filmers that the audio taper wearing the funky hat isn't even on his radar...

in these cases, i usually take video with my phone early in the show just so security will come over and shut me down and i can immediately comply and win his trust that i'm not doing anything bad...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 02:34:53 PM by gewwang »

Offline fanofjam

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

I'm working on the design of a butt-hole recorder.  All you do it squeeze your butt cheeks to start and stop recording.  I'm getting Ween as a sponsor.  Any guesses about the color?

Offline DCiora

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 02:54:47 PM »
From information Ive read on this forum I’ve been able to figure out the people that are making secret recordings. Male, wearing a knit beret, and a kangaroo pouch are the people to focus attention on.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.184 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com