Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So, anyone using the core-sound pda recorder yet?  (Read 10571 times)

Offline dr.ph0b

• Local Crew
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • powpow!
Re:So, anyone using the core-sound pda recorder yet?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2003, 07:41:59 PM »
ill be running my Ipaq h2215 this weekend at P&F and Phish in philly in addition to DAT since its the first live real test. ill be running out of a modsbm1 so i have 2 seperate digital channels. ive tested the PDAudio-CF with both mini coax and mini-optical cables. i have a 7pin optical cable i just put a toslink->mini-optical adapter on the end of and works great. i like it cause its so lightweight, which is best for the card i guess.

my main issue is, since i have the h2215, i am stuck with only being able to use SD memory cards. and the 1gig cards arent out yet. i have a few 512Mb cards tho, so ill have to swap during a break in the music i guess. (wow, im regressing back to my sony D5 analog days) :P   but like i said.. the dat is for the 'keeper' recording.

im usuing the pocco witchita 1.03 which seems ok. ive noticed a few bugs, but thats expect cause its new stuff.  

anyone used other programs succeffully while recording with no corruption from running other programs?  like i could run AIM or IRC and relay setlists realtime via a bluetooth connection to a cellphone that has a data plan :)

ill post my results after this weekend.  and if anyone has any tips feel free to lay em on me. and if anyone with PDAudio is gonna be in philly this weekend let me know. maybe we can hook up for some g33k chat :P
sold :(  MK4v->KCY->Sonosax SX-M2/LS2->modSBM1->M1
m-s: mk8/mk4v

Offline shmurg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • TAPES FOREVER....
FS: 2 IPAQ packages for PDAudio-CF
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2003, 05:42:57 PM »
I have 2 IPAQ packages to sell for use with the PDAudio-CF.

**NOTE: The PDAudio-CF does NOT come with either of these.

I bought these two for testing, and are my extras.  They work identical.

Package 1: $200 shipped
IPAQ 3700 series PDA (stylus hit/miss staying in slot-NO big deal)
HP AC adapter and usb cradle
serial cable
2 cases
power cable to use with Ecocharge 6v system.
1 licensed copy of Pocco Witchita full version (license follows IPAQ, not individual)  You will get the serial, it will not work with other systems.

Package 2: $515 shipped
IPAQ 3800 series PDA
HP AC adapter and cradle
power cable to use with Ecocharge 6v system
1 licensed copy of Pocco Witchita full version (license follows IPAQ, not individual)  You will get the serial, it will not work with other systems.
HP Dual PC slot PC card expansion slot.
HP external keyboard
Case (for use with expansion pack)
HP WLAN PC Card

All in great shape, no scratches, , everything works A+, no worries!  Package 2 is a deal-especially if you need a PDA for school or office use.

I take Paypal, MO.

Get in touch!
shmurg@yahoo.com

Reason for selling:  This setup is becoming more and more reliable and I no longer need to test with multiple configs of IPAQ's.  I personally still use the 3800 series, but the 3700 series performs equal to the 3800.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2003, 09:10:51 AM »
*BUMP* Hoping to hear of more 24/96 testing by Craig and the others who have a PDAudio system. I really want to stop lugging the laptop to shows if I can help it. Somehow it doesn't look like this will happen until the Sound Devices unit is released and proven in the field.

Thanks to all for the hard work.
-Matt
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • LMA
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2003, 09:43:10 AM »
I have been able to record 24/96 with Live2496's latest release onto a 5GB pcmcia card.  It is very tempermental, though.  Once started, I can't stop it and restart - the 2nd "take" has dropped samples.  I have to do a soft boot before starting the recording again.  I guess it has to do with the write speed of the 5GB drive being too slow.  I haven't had an opportunity to do much testing, this was a 1 time attempt at a show a few weeks ago.  I have also received a new 24bit capable version of Pocco's Witchita, but haven't had a chance to try it.

I'm still mastering to a laptop.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com