Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anybody familiar with tannoy system 8 monitors?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline woodybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
anybody familiar with tannoy system 8 monitors?
« on: March 06, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »
i am looking into getting a pair for the house and its looks as though they need to be biamped, something i am completely unfamiliar with. what sort of crossover would suit a monitor like this?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: anybody familiar with tannoy system 8 monitors?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 01:27:12 PM »
i am looking into getting a pair for the house and its looks as though they need to be biamped, something i am completely unfamiliar with. what sort of crossover would suit a monitor like this?

I have used these lots of times, I am pretty sure even though it looks like they can be biamped they also have an internal crossover but they did make lots of versions of the T8. If not the only one I would use would be from Tannoy. I quick call to them would straighten this out. All you need is the serial number and they can tell you for sure.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline woodybear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Acrobatic Audio
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 01:43:26 PM »
chris, thanks. if tannoy goes to the trouble of matching a crossover internally, why give the option of bi-amping?

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 01:55:29 PM »
chris, thanks. if tannoy goes to the trouble of matching a crossover internally, why give the option of bi-amping?

Well because Biamping reduces distortion and it also allows for more SPL then non biamped system would also there has to be something inside the cabinet to protect the tweeter from low frequency damage. I would suspect there is an internal crossover in your speakers. I have never seen one with out a crossover. But that is not to say they dont exist Tannoy always did some strange things with there speakers. So I think your better to check with them. I suspect if there is a crossover your missing the shorting jumpers to short out the terminals on the speakers to make them full range. Or they may have a switch on the back. I am not sure.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com