Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: dvd batteries in series - cable?  (Read 2027 times)

Online BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
dvd batteries in series - cable?
« on: March 01, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »
ok..so i need between 10-18v for my wendt x2 on external power.  I picked up two dvd batteries for cheap.

to wire the 7.xV dvd batteries in a series, i understand its bat #1 neg to bat #2 pos, with #1 + to the pre and #2 neg to the pre
is this correct?

would you do this in the cable?

can anyone build this cable cheaply?  I could do it I assume, if i new how to jumper bat #1 to bat #2 in the cable.

suggestions?
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
Re: dvd batteries in series - cable?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »
You've got the wiring idea right, but check you batteries.  Most "DVD player batteries" that I've seen are 9 Volts, and actually checked two of mine and there are reading 9.18v and 9.25v, which exceeds you 18V rating for your preamp a tiny bit.  It probably won't fry your preamp, but that's for you to decide, not me.

If yours are 9V, think about getting 7.2V RC car batteries like these http://www.batteryjunction.com/twoni721bapa.html and sell you 9V batteries.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Online BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
Re: dvd batteries in series - cable?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 08:20:28 AM »
You've got the wiring idea right, but check you batteries.  Most "DVD player batteries" that I've seen are 9 Volts, and actually checked two of mine and there are reading 9.18v and 9.25v, which exceeds you 18V rating for your preamp a tiny bit.  It probably won't fry your preamp, but that's for you to decide, not me.

If yours are 9V, think about getting 7.2V RC car batteries like these http://www.batteryjunction.com/twoni721bapa.html and sell you 9V batteries.

Just my 2 cents worth.

interesting, I'll have to measure the output...the wendt x2 handles 9-18v...so if they are indeed outputting 9(i thought i read previously that most dvd bats output at 7.4 even though rated at 9) i can wire in parallel for longer runtime!
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com