Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AC power in the field  (Read 6253 times)

Offline Genghis Cougar Mellen Khan

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Tin Can > Wax String > Dictaphone
Re: AC power in the field
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 07:18:29 PM »
That is one nice inverter, did you find a good deal on it by chance?
Thanks for the test results very informational!

If you want the Exeltech XP-125, make sure the retailer has an actual physical unit in stock.  I placed orders twice only to find out that they did not have the item and that Exeltech estimated a backorder until the middle/end of July.  You'll probably have to spend $220+ for one at the moment, I tried every retailed I found with google that was under that price point but nobody had one in stock, they all echoed the same backorder date in July. 

Stay away from Affordable Solar, I'm still waiting (a week) for them to reverse the charge to my card for an order they couldn't fill.
Maybe a couple of small scratches, but thats because these mics are chick magnets.
Girls always up on Andy tryin to grab these mics, the scratches are from their wedding rings.

CMC641 / DPA4022 / DPA4062>mod MPS6030
V3 / PMD671 / field ready DV-RA1000 / Oade W-mod PMD661 / PCM-M10

Offline chris_jones

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: AC power in the field
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
I began using the Exeltech XP-125 in mid-2001 for precisely this application.  I've been running a primary rig off of AC reliably for years using a 33aH SLA cell through a Furman conditioner.  The combination is extraordinarily restrictive for a Manhattanite like me without a car, however, and I'm unable to walk with a full rig more than 50 - 60 meters at a time without taking a break.   

I have run an Apogee Trak2 essentially since its release for two-track (and as a clock master for several of my surround recordings), but am in the process of upgrading to a Daniel Weiss unit that will be powered in a similar fashion.  After having listened to some new traditional portable pieces used by some of you folks, however, the benefit is admittedly marginal (though to my ears still worth the heft) and I'm building a DC-powered front end for the 722 that I'll likely run more frequently.

AC in the field is a legitimate option, but one that can at times be more trouble than it's worth.
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com