Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Looking to purchase a V3  (Read 4749 times)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re: Looking to purchase a V3
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 03:48:20 PM »
You'll almost certainly pay more used for an opti-mod V3 compared to a regular V3.  If you don't want the opti-mod and will just be returning it to Grace to get the word clock back, you'd be better off looking for a plain V3 to begin with.

Just curious though, why do you want the word clock?  Not too many concert tapers want to do multi-source mixes to begin with, and not too many pieces of gear out there that will accept the word clock output of the V3.  I guess the AD500/AD1000 have a word clock input, and I think the G-P ADC-20, but that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I would prefer the standard V3 with word clock as it would be cheaper, but considering they show up rarely and a used opti-mod V3 is still cheaper than a new V3 I was just considering the options.

as to why I want the word clock:
I do a LOT of multitracks with room mics mixed in for ambience. usually, the sbd channels take all of my available analog inputs on my MOTUs so I need the word clock output of the V3 to ensure that my MOTUs sync up with the V3s clock so everything stays in sync(room mics would go digi out of the V3 into the s/pdif input of the MOTUmkii)

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 04:31:47 PM »
Gotcha, thanks.  Just curious why anyone would be needing a word clock out, since I wasn't coming up with any equipment that got run much these days that accepted them.  Plus I knew the MMe in your sig line wouldn't take it.  I didn't know about the MOTU and 722 having a word clock in, though.

BTW, how are you liking the ECMS-23 with your MG caps?  I love my ECMS-22 with my AKG caps -- best of all worlds, AKG sound, choice of omni/hyper/card caps, small low-pro active setup, and stealthing possibilities.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 04:56:12 PM »
I love it!
my only complaint is figuring a way to store it in my bag safely when not in use, but still have quick/easy setup/teardown

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com