Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: bt.etree Seeding Help Please  (Read 3678 times)

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
bt.etree Seeding Help Please
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:43 PM »
k folks...i hate to ask, but i need to some help. i have done quite a bit of online research. however, i have reached a point where it seems the more research i do the more confused i get. the following details below is the background info and progress i have made thus far. many thanks for any and all constructive advice and feedback.

widespread panic
denver, co  -  pepsi center
mbho 603a/ka200n > oade m148 >SD 702 @ 24/96

1. i have taken the original wave files and imported them to CD wave
2. individual songs have been tracked and saved (direct wave) to my desktop
3. so, on my desktop i have a WSP 12.30.2010 folder with the complete show/individual songs in proper set list order
4. i have downloaded the latest version of TLH
5. what do i do now?

rich

sweeet beaver!

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: bt.etree Seeding Help Please
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 09:07:19 PM »
6. install TLH
7. drop the new WAV files you ahve (your tracked out show) and drop them into TLH.  A menu will appear, select "Create Checksum" and make a WAV MD5.
8. drop the new WAV file you have again, this time select "Compress Audio".  Make sure you also hit the box to test the files, and to create an FFP.
9. Write a text file, put the new WAV MD5, FFP, and files all in one folder and using TLH, "Create Torrent".  For this, you will need to select the WebSite first, then add the folder...

Terry
***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline rich

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »
thank you terry
sweeet beaver!

markrsmith

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
6. install TLH
7. drop the new WAV files you ahve (your tracked out show) and drop them into TLH.  A menu will appear, select "Create Checksum" and make a WAV MD5.
8. drop the new WAV file you have again, this time select "Compress Audio".  Make sure you also hit the box to test the files, and to create an FFP.
9. Write a text file, put the new WAV MD5, FFP, and files all in one folder and using TLH, "Create Torrent".  For this, you will need to select the WebSite first, then add the folder...

Terry

Can someone also help me, I feel I am close to figuring it out.  I need this all spelled out a little specific/clearer. I use TLH, maybe screenshots???  Any more help will be appreciated. I have searched and read quite a few forums, maybe I need someone over my shoulder for first few.
Thanx....mark

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 11:14:36 PM »
You don't need to do 7. It is overkill in my opinion.

Also, the menu options are not as described in that check list

If you have time tomorrow, I could call you and walk you through this. You don't need to do drag and drop to make this work. It can be easier once you get the hang of it, but it may not make sense until you've done it a time or three.

PM me if you want to set up a time.
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 11:15:20 PM »
1. Open TLH.
2. Go to your Windows Explorer and select all of your WAV files.  You can use shift and select all of them.
3. Literally drag them into the TLH window.
4. A new window will pop up with a menu of stuff to do.  Select Create Checksum File, hit Create, and save to where you have your WAV files saved.  Name this file "blah2016-xx-xx-wav" or something so you know it is the WAV MD5 (this will let you verify your WAV files are perfect copies of the original when you uncompress the FLAC files).
5. Drag and drop the WAV files again.  This time select Encode WAV Files.  I like to use Level 8 on the Encoding Options (most compression).  If you used CDWave, you don't need to select Align on Sector Boundaries (though it a good idea to do it).  On the Post Encoding Tasks, select Test Encoded Files, Create Checksum File (FFP), and Delete Source Files.  Then hit Encode.  Your FLAC files will save to the same Folder, and at the end they will Test themselves for error (if error exists, do it again) and then create an FFP for your new FLAC files.

Hope this helps.  Ask more questions if you need the help.

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 11:17:35 PM »
You don't need to do 7. It is overkill in my opinion.

Also, the menu options are not as described in that check list

If you have time tomorrow, I could call you and walk you through this. You don't need to do drag and drop to make this work. It can be easier once you get the hang of it, but it may not make sense until you've done it a time or three.

PM me if you want to set up a time.

Yeah, the drag-and-drop thing is a leftover habit from MKW...  I see you can right-click Traders Little Helper on WAV files and do it more directly...

And the WAV MD5 is overkill at this point, you are right.  Most of us never decompress the FLAC, but I still like to have it for "Archive" sake...  It can't hurt and it only takes a few seconds and a few bits...

Terry

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 11:25:04 PM »
To create a Torrent for BT.ETREE.

I assume that all the FLAC files, the text, and the FFP/MD5s are in there and are 100% complete.  Once you start this, you can't make any changes.

1. Right Click on the folder you want to Share on BT.ETREE.  Select "Create Torrent File".
2. On the Tracker/Announcer scroll-down, select ETREE.ORG.
3. Hit create.

That's it.  Fill out the UL thingy at BT.ETREE and select the Torrent file you just created.  This can be a bit tricky, so ask questions...

Terry

markrsmith

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 11:39:14 PM »
Thanks all.
I will read this over.
Unfortunately I do not have Internet at home, have to travel 45 minutes to the library.
Varnark, I may take u up on a phone call sometime in the near future...
I will keep trying, sure if I have a few hours away from the kids I can make it happen.
Thanks again, I will ring if I  continue to flail.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com