Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mimime with Vista?  (Read 1744 times)

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
Mimime with Vista?
« on: June 27, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »
I have a usb minime.  Do the xp drivers work with windows vista?  I was thinking about getting a new computer and Apogee does not have drivers for vista on thier web page.  Thanks, Ed
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

Offline airbladder

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My recordings on archive:
Re: Mimime with Vista?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
I just sold my deck and am still waiting for the new deck to show up.  Well I have a show tonight and wanted to record it.  In the past I could always use my laptop as a back up using the minime's usb.  That laptop is not working anymore and my new laptop has vista on it.  Looks like I can't get the minime drivers to work with vista.  In the end I borrowed a friends laptop that runs on xp for tonight's show.  Just installed soundforge and the apogee drivers on the friend's laptop and doing some tests now.  If anyone knows how to make the minime work wtih Vista let me know.  It would be nice to have the laptop as a back up.
Microphones: Neumann U89i, Neumann KMR 82i, Neumann AK40/50>LC3>KM100.
Pres: AETA PSP-3
Decks: Zoom F8, Sony PCM-M10, Microtrack

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Mimime with Vista?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
No expert, but seems like I've heard alot of issues related to backwards compatibility with Vista re-device drivers.  Since Apogee isn't selling the 'mini' line of products anymore, I guess that means they aren't supporting them anymore with updated drivers either (guess you said that in your post).  Sounds like you need to 'punt' and load XP onto your laptop if you still want to record directly onto your harddrive.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com