Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: video stealth recording?  (Read 19104 times)

Offline bconnolly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
Re: video stealth recording?
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006, 03:39:32 PM »
Oh wow that's pretty smart.  Thanks for the tip!

Offline sullen

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 04:39:15 PM »
this:

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/Camcorder_Hoods.asp

i havent ordered one yet,
but imagine to be very sleek for lcd > stealth

hood + tint = nearly invincible i'd imagine.

don't > care > to > list > gear > in > signature

Offline dunebug81

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:53 PM »
what are some people's methods of getting cameras into these shows?

some of the nontaping shows i've been to lately (tool being one of them), they pretty much molested me during the pat down...and yet i know that people have gotten either audio or video from a majority of those shows

When they get close to your nuts just let out a big pleasure moan and smile.  That pretty much stops them every time :)
Greg
www.enemyzero.com/greg/
aim: dunebug81

Offline mrfang

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2006, 08:48:39 PM »

You can try hiding the cam in a bag of some sort.  If it's really small, you have a good chance of getting it in that way.  But bags will get searched EVERY time.  If you go this route, best bet would be to put in your wife's or girlfriend's purse.

I have been able to get a video camera into a venue on a couple of occasions by wrapping it in a black t-shirt at the bottom of a black backpack and loading the backpack with lots of other things on top of the camera.  I've heard other filmers say that security will stop searching if they find something (other than your taping gear) they can confiscate, like a bottle of water.

Some people use bags with false bottoms, which seem to work fine.

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 03:52:01 AM »
great ideas however, i dont think its wise to discuss methods of sneaking gear in here.

might consider the modify button.

its just a matter of opinion

dd

Offline morningdew

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 09:04:59 AM »
On the other hand I feel the complete opposite.

Freely discuss ALL methods, means and tactics to get in any type of recording (audio or video) gear in to venues.   Stop being so paranoid over nothing.

The venue rules are constantly changing.  For the most part it's just a show that a venue puts on to fulfill some obligation to either an insurance company, the bands request or some law enforcement agency in the rare circumstance that they received a tip that the venue was under some sort of threat.  People have been sneaking crap into venues for decades.  Do you really think you're going to reveal some method that they aren't aware of?  Do you really even think they care?  If they wanted you not to get something in then they would do it differently.  Try getting a gun into an airport.  Sure it probably can be done but it ain't easy.

Now try getting some recording eq into a Springsteen concert.  Seems pretty easy to me considering the amount of tapes there are out there.

Do you really think people are monitoring these boards looking for methods or info on how/when/where we sneak in gear?  I doubt it.  And even if they are, so what!

Tomorrow night I'll be at Pine Knob in Clarkston, MI sneaking in audio recording equipment to a Gin Blossoms concert.  I'll probably be wearing shorts, t-shirt and sunglasses.  My wife will have the recorder in the false bottom of her purse.  I'll have the mics and cables crotched in whitey tighties in a crown royal bag.  I will suit up in the bathroom before the show.  The mics will be under a Kangol or a backwards black mesh baseball cap. See ya there security ;).

This is just a matter of opinion though.

Other great methods:

1. A wheel chair is full proof but obviously has other issues.  Just about any rig will fit under the seat.
2. Tons-o-venues now have "outside" smoking areas.  A friend on the outside and you can sneak in some very nice "big" rigs this way. I've never seen them searching anyone coming back from a smoke break, I'm sure it exists, but I haven't seen it personally.
3. Purses are rarely patted.  You can get fancy and sew in a false bottom but it's not even necessary, just drape over some similar colored cloth.  They just look in, sometimes move something to the side and move on.  R4/722/UA-5/Small DV camera w/ tapes all fit on the bottom of a large purse.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 09:49:56 AM by morningdew »

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2006, 06:02:25 PM »
On the other hand I feel the complete opposite.

Freely discuss ALL methods, means and tactics to get in any type of recording (audio or video) gear in to venues.   Stop being so paranoid over nothing.

The venue rules are constantly changing.  For the most part it's just a show that a venue puts on to fulfill some obligation to either an insurance company, the bands request or some law enforcement agency in the rare circumstance that they received a tip that the venue was under some sort of threat.  People have been sneaking crap into venues for decades.  Do you really think you're going to reveal some method that they aren't aware of?  Do you really even think they care?  If they wanted you not to get something in then they would do it differently.  Try getting a gun into an airport.  Sure it probably can be done but it ain't easy.

Now try getting some recording eq into a Springsteen concert.  Seems pretty easy to me considering the amount of tapes there are out there.

Do you really think people are monitoring these boards looking for methods or info on how/when/where we sneak in gear?  I doubt it.  And even if they are, so what!

Tomorrow night I'll be at Pine Knob in Clarkston, MI sneaking in audio recording equipment to a Gin Blossoms concert.  I'll probably be wearing shorts, t-shirt and sunglasses.  My wife will have the recorder in the false bottom of her purse.  I'll have the mics and cables crotched in whitey tighties in a crown royal bag.  I will suit up in the bathroom before the show.  The mics will be under a Kangol or a backwards black mesh baseball cap. See ya there security ;).

This is just a matter of opinion though.

Other great methods:

1. A wheel chair is full proof but obviously has other issues.  Just about any rig will fit under the seat.
2. Tons-o-venues now have "outside" smoking areas.  A friend on the outside and you can sneak in some very nice "big" rigs this way. I've never seen them searching anyone coming back from a smoke break, I'm sure it exists, but I haven't seen it personally.
3. Purses are rarely patted.  You can get fancy and sew in a false bottom but it's not even necessary, just drape over some similar colored cloth.  They just look in, sometimes move something to the side and move on.  R4/722/UA-5/Small DV camera w/ tapes all fit on the bottom of a large purse.

You are entiltled to your feelings and I respect your decisions.  I KNOW that people have been busted for what they wrote out on this board and called out by name at shows for it. 

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2006, 08:29:40 PM »
here's a tip:

If you're recording a show dont sit next to the tapers

and another:

aside from not sitting near the tapers, dont attempt it with the cam in your lap, even though your in the front row of the balcony ;)

i don't video tape, so take this info with a grain of salt, right DD? ;)
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2006, 02:04:15 AM »
here's a tip:

If you're recording a show dont sit next to the tapers

and another:

aside from not sitting near the tapers, dont attempt it with the cam in your lap, even though your in the front row of the balcony ;)

i don't video tape, so take this info with a grain of salt, right DD? ;)

fuckin' HOB Vegas.....remember how they haunted me all night after that too?  It was so difficult to use my phone....... ;)

I hate you!

see you next week.  I am going to ruin skalinders cmc6 bodies so you have to buy them from him. :P ;)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2006, 07:39:14 PM »

Offline Yahoo! Serious

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2006, 05:13:20 AM »
Hey...
anyone ever use one of these?

http://www.shoplocal.com/iid713242prid-99827_-samsung-all.fp
That really is a small xamera!
Looks like they will need to improve batterylife and image quallity..but overall execution of design is pretty sweet.
I could imagine that checking the shots with the LCD would not disturb the Cameraphone freindly audiences and security of today,
nice.
 One old tried and true vid cap option that has worked for me was sitting near the back on a lawn with a blanket freindly couple
sitting in front of me..proping the camera inbetween my knees which keeps it steady and stelthy.Lay back and enjoy!
Mostly shoot more legitimate (read Non Bootleg) video nowa-days,Gots some decent hookups over the years.
and hello to those here,Been filming since 1997 and was inspired by Lividz stuff way back when he was still in AZ.Met him twice before
he gracefully faded away.
Y!S

Offline VH Drummer

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:22 AM »
I'll be giving it a shot on Saturday but I'm aiming for the second half of the show mostly and it will be dark outside by that time so I'm not too worried.

Offline sabre

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2006, 02:24:26 AM »
Been filming since 1997 and was inspired by Lividz stuff way back when he was still in AZ.Met him twice before
he gracefully faded away.
Whatever happened to Lividz? He used to post a lot in the alt.music.bootlegs newsgoup but then he disappeared. I've heard a couple of stories, but who know if they were true...

Offline gngrbrdman13

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »
Hey...

they have actually been around for a couple of years now.  Great concept however, I dont think many of us on this board would be happy with the quality.  In 2003 I saw Panasonic had a camera that had a similar design to this one.  The only difference was that it was high quality.  Oh and much larger.

Online guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2006, 12:24:22 AM »
Hey...

they have actually been around for a couple of years now.  Great concept however, I dont think many of us on this board would be happy with the quality.  In 2003 I saw Panasonic had a camera that had a similar design to this one.  The only difference was that it was high quality.  Oh and much larger.
Here's an unbiased review of this camera:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/Samsung-SC-X105L-Camcorder-Review.htm
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com