Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADC suggestions  (Read 8517 times)

Offline Youneverno41

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
Re: ADC suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 04:30:26 PM »
I'm probably gonna be choosing between AKG C1000s or ADK SC-1

Those are fine mics for a starting set of gear.

Mic Power- Walmoart Li-on Bat, Gain-Sp-spsb-1, storage-Nomad Jukebox 3. Id spend 100-300 on the ADC

The Walmart LiIon battery is a power source, but not the delivery mechanism for distributing power to the mics.  The SP-SB-1 will act as the delivery mechanism for power to the mics, BUT:  it can't be powered by the LiIon battery, delivers plug-in power to mics via a 3.5mm stereo connector, nad the mics require phantom power via XLR connectors.  So...all this to say skip the SP-SB-1, and maybe the Walmart LiIon battery depending on the power requirements for the pre/ADC you select.

The JB3, though discontinued, is a solid recording device.  I'd stick with it for the moment.

With the mics you listed, plenty of budget for most of the following combos:

Mic Power          | Gain               | ADC
=============================================================
Edirol UA5         | Edirol UA5         | Edirol UA5
Denecke PS-2       | Denecke AD-20      | Denecke AD-20
Denecke PS-2       | line transformers  | Graham Patten ADC-20
Denecke DMIC-20    | Denecke DMIC-20    | Denecke DMIC-20
Sound Devices MP-2 | Sound Devices MP-2 | JB3
Sound Devices MP-2 | Sound Devices MP-2 | SBM-1
Sound Devices MP-2 | Sound Devices MP-2 | Sony D100 or M1 (replaces JB3)
Sound Devices MP-2 | Sound Devices MP-2 | modSBM-1 (a bit over your $1k budget)

Okay one more question....so for example...the Edirol UA5 can be used for mic power, gain, and ADC?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper
Shure KSM109s> Canare Starquads >BM2p+mod UA5> JB3(svu-1)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2005, 04:35:36 PM »
Okay one more question....so for example...the Edirol UA5 can be used for mic power, gain, and ADC?

That's correct.  Make sure you read the UA5 FAQ in the Knowledge Base | Archive | Pre/ADC/Processor forum!
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2005, 04:46:43 PM »

That's correct.  Make sure you read the UA5 FAQ in the Knowledge Base | Archive | Pre/ADC/Processor forum!
Okay...so the UA5 has a ton of features to it and it obviously saves money, but do people sell them a lot, because it says they are discontinued...correct?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Ray76

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 04:52:16 PM »

Okay...so the UA5 has a ton of features to it and it obviously saves money, but do people sell them a lot, because it says they are discontinued...correct?

Tapers here use the OADE Brothers Digimod ones a lot,*the digimod basically allows you to use it as a stand alone device, no pc necessary. The OADES quit selling them but if you have an oade one they will still mod it. There are 4 mods, the warm, transparent and presence, and a plus mod. They all color the sound a little different. the oade ones are becoming more sought after here cuz they arent sold anymore and they are great machines.

Ray
Ray

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2005, 04:54:03 PM »

Tapers here use the OADE Brothers Digimod ones a lot,*the digimod basically allows you to use it as a stand alone device, no pc necessary. The OADES quit selling them but if you have an oade one they will still mod it. There are 4 mods, the warm, transparent and presence, and a plus mod. They all color the sound a little different. the oade ones are becoming more sought after here cuz they arent sold anymore and they are great machines.

Ray
Ray
So should i just wait until someone is selling the OADE brothers digimod ones?
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Ray76

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2005, 04:57:19 PM »

Ray
Ray
So should i just wait until someone is selling the OADE brothers digimod ones?

depends. if you are going to be using it with a lappie, you dont need an oade one. There are folks here who digmod(to allow stand alone use) but they dont mod them with the presence warm or transparent mods. the digiimod itself is pretty easy.
There is one for sale in the yard sale section i believe. people love them, so i doubt youll see too many comin through for sale that are oades.

if you want buy one and im sure someone will digimod it for you .

there is also a DIY method that is pretty easy. i think its in the archive section/?right skalinder?

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »
I'm not gonna use a laptop
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Ray76

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2005, 05:00:04 PM »

ok then you need a digimod one. ask around, someone will probably mod one for you or tell you how to do it or read the archive. lot of knowledgeable folks here.

ray

Offline Youneverno41

• Taperssection Member
  • What it's all about
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »

ok then you need a digimod one. ask around, someone will probably mod one for you or tell you how to do it or read the archive. lot of knowledgeable folks here.

ray
alright thanks for everything ray
-Mike
DC4squarem3@yahoo.com
The 18-year old Taper

Ray76

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2005, 05:04:31 PM »

ray
alright thanks for everything ray

no prob bud.

ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com