Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: README1st! Links to frequently asked about topics...  (Read 42849 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
README1st! Links to frequently asked about topics...
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:37:19 AM »
There's LOTS more content on all of these topics, but I found these threads better than most.  Hopefully people will find them useful.  If there are other good posts on these topics, feel free to add them in reply.  FWIW, the goal here isn't to link to every single thread touching on these topics, but to link to threads that either cover the basics particularly well, or provide specific, detailed instructions (i.e. not just "go use Wavelab Montage").

Software, General

Workflow

It's crucial to understand 24-bit / 16-bit workflow in order to properly and effectively use your WAV editor.  These threads are application-specific, but the concepts apply across different apps.  Bottom line:  get to know your application's workflow, preferences / options, etc.

Recording too fast / slow

Does your recording sound like it's sped up / slowed down compared to how it sounded live?

Post-processing Discussions

Compression / Limiter / Volume Envelope

Help!  The applause between songs is a LOT louder than the music! / I have one very loud spike in the music that's MUCH louder than everything else, and I can't normalize enough to make the rest of the music louder / Etc.

Fixing Stepped-Gain Adjustments

Clip Restoration

Bass Roll-off / High Pass Filter

Mixing / Syncing Two or More Sources

Lots of different posts on this topic.  These seem like good starting points.  Note while most threads deal with specific s/w, the concepts may apply across different s/w (depending on feature set).

Data Storage / Redundancy / Backup

Trying to figure out how to store and safeguard your master recordings?  Plenty of thoughts on the subject in these threads...

Data Recovery

Having trouble accessing data on your CD / DVD CF card / SD card / SSD / HDD?  Give these threads a try...

Corrupt or 0 byte file

Files can go screwy sometimes -- recorders may not write the data as a WAV file, or may write it as a 0 byte file (even though the data's still there), or the HDD or media is messed up.  Check these threads for potential solutions...

Bit Torrent

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 11:50:45 AM by Brian Skalinder »
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.224 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com