Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Canon HV30 & ua5  (Read 2299 times)

Offline snuffyus64

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • No Music Is Better than Live Music.......
    • My Trade List
Canon HV30 & ua5
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
I recorded a show the other night and had my video camera mounted on my mic stand I patched the sound coming from my rig
Mic>Ua5> Sony D50 to the camera mic input I watched the levels all night. That night when the show was over and I went to edit the show I found the sound on the d50 was very crisp and good. But the video sound was distorted. So I had to remove the sound on the video and paste in the sound from the d50 after a couple of hours of trying to sync the sound I think Im giving up. the show was almost 3 hours so its 3 tapes to sync the sound to. Does anyone run a similar setup and maybe have some tips on why the sound would be distorted? any help or comments would be great thanks snuffy..
No Music Is Better than Live Music.......

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Canon HV30 & ua5
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:28:54 PM »
I think it may have to do with the impedence of the different inputs or something like that.  Someone who knows better can correct me.

I think you usually need some type of adapter like the Beachtek or Juiced Link ones to match your incoming signal to what the camera takes.

So even though the levels were good the signal was mismatched between the D50 output and camera input.  That's my guess anyways.

What are you using to sync the D50 audio to your vids?  If you're using Vegas I can help you with that.

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
With recordings made by two modern, digital recording devices - you shouldn't have any problem synching the video and audio.

Like a lot of things - it's not hard to do if you know what you are doing.  You probably just need a little help and before you know it, you'll have a perfectly synched video.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
It's not a function of skill...it's a function of tools, or more specifically software.  Pick up a demo copy of Vegas and learn the basics of how to use it and you'll have a synched video pretty quick.

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 11:31:21 AM »
As mentioned  Sony Vegas is easy to use for synching.I always run seperate audio,you shouldn't rely on the camera audio.I have the Canon hv30 and have recorded extremely loud concerts with good results which i have not achieved with any other camcorder even 3500 dollar camcoreders.The key is to control the audio level in the camera manually.First go into the menu and turn ON the limiter and turn ON the wind cut.Now make sure the switch on the right side is set to P not A.P is manual control.Now press in the joystick once and you should see a mini menu which allows for exposure and audio control.Select the audio and you should see a Green bar below the levels make sure the loudest sounds don't go past -12db.Now you should have useable undistorted audio from the camera.Run your D50 seperate and know you have 2 sources you could mix together in post.Here's one i recorded this is the camera audio only I can tell you this was very loud and i was in front of the stack.I had to use an 11db attenuator on my DPA 4061 source.Again this clip is just the camera audio built in internal mic using the method i described above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUsPpGvWIq4
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 11:37:19 AM by beatkilla »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com