Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Video streaming rig....input needed, por favor  (Read 2339 times)

Offline nickb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Video streaming rig....input needed, por favor
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:14 AM »
Trying to help a venue in Nola upgrade their audio/video setup....we're good on the audio portion but not having a ton of experience with video I thought I'd ask the PRO's of TS!  ;D

I'm going to give you some of the owners requests and my thoughts on how we would go about it....feel free to offer your suggestions and pros/cons on my thought process.

I'm not planning on doing the video install, he'll more than likely contract out to a local company but I'm just trying to help him out with some legwork and a plan that will work for the long term and give him what he needs...

First of all, he's wanting to mount a single HD camera FOB, capturing the whole stage and have it broadcast to the other flatscreens in the club...he's also wanting to be able to stream that video to the web and record for instant playback by anyone who visits his site.  He also wants to archive the video for possible use at a later time (we'll be multi-tracking his audio so he's thinking possibly having someone author a few DVD's down the road)

My thought is to setup some sort of media server and use an outboard capturing device to capture the video to the server and stream it to something like uStream at the same.  Also recording it on uStream for instant playback...and possibly embed the ustream channel into his website...not even sure if that's a possibility with ustream...or its limitations...

I assume a simple HDMI switch could handle the broadcast to the other flatscreens in-house, but I'm at a loss as to what might be the best option for the capture device as well as what kind of camera he'd need...something durable enough to handle a club environment

Obviously, since the camera would be mounted up and out of the way, DV tape or flash media wouldn't be ideal...seems like it would make more sense to have the video sent the media server and just include a beefy RAID array for storage...He definitely wanted HD quality, though...

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what might be suitable for this situation?

This is a killer venue in town and will bring pretty much every show to your living room when it gets completed....he's looking to have this setup and installed by Jazzfest, so we're obviously working against the clock to get things rolling and tested before then...

Thanks in advance....
Mics: AKG ck1x ~> mk46 ~> c460b
Pre's & A>D's: Oade M148/AETA PSP-3/Apogee AD-500e
Decks: Edirol R-44/iRiver H120

ISO: AKG ck3x Caps

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
Re: Video streaming rig....input needed, por favor
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:03:43 AM »
May I ask which venue? 

And are you local NOLA?  I though it was just Louie and I in town??

-j

Offline nickb

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:40:22 PM »
d.b.a.

And I'm not permanently in town, yet...still in the job hunting phase, but I'm in town just about every weekend...until I land a job and can relinquish my current position, that'll be my status...

Do you do much video?  Tom is looking to upgrade in a big way and I'm trying to get him as much info as possible...

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »
I became a taper because I used to shoot video (nothing fancy, just a couple of consumer grade cams and a working knowledge of Final Cut).  Problem was there was never good audio to drop in, which made video useless.  Bought an audio rig and now rarely shoot video.  Ironic, huh?

By trade, I am 50% video editor, 50% flash developer. 

Don't make it down town too often.  Maple Leaf is walking distance from home and 9 times out of 10 has something good going on. 

More than happy to talk and shed some light on topics I am capable of shedding light on.

And a couple of clips from some Jackmormons shows I shot/edited last year.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nolataper&search_type=&aq=f

-j

Offline nickb

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 02:32:16 PM »
Hell yeah....I would definitely love to pick your brain, then...

I'm the same way with Frenchmen...my lady lives in the lower FQ so its always a quick jaunt out...still not sure if we'll stay in the FQ when I get over here permanently or if we head up your way.

If you don't mind, PM me your e-mail...as you can see he's wanting to do an array of things with the video, but I'd love your input...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com