Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Need some help About Tascam DR-680  (Read 4541 times)

Offline frtbkr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Need some help About Tascam DR-680
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:05 AM »
Hi

I have some problems with tascam dr 680 , if anyone can help me i ll be apreciated;

- I can not find, how to reset the take count without initializing(reseting) the whole system, which is horrible for me because i work in documentaries as field recorder. Device force me to re adjust all the things that i've done before start shooting. I mailed to tascam support team , they didn't answered about this problem.

- Another problem is battery, We work at outside for 7-9 hours a day,and normal AA batteries are literally useless. If i buy a 12V External Rechargeable DVD Battery, will it work? how many hours can i work with one dvd battery?

- Thank you for all your help
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:15:51 AM by frtbkr »

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Need some help About Tascam DR-680
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
Welcome.

What take count?  The file nameing scheme?  I've only set mine it date format for year,hour,minute,second numeric naming.  That way all files remain in correct sequence and have time-stamps.  Maybe try that if it works for you.  Not sure about resetting the count otherwise.

Lots of information on this board about external powering for the DR-680.  Do a search for details.  The short story is that 12V external power works, but use a suppy with a dedicated 12V output and avoid auto-voltage sensing type supplies. 
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline frtbkr

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »

This is the Take count

Thanks for helping

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:05:40 PM »
OK, that's as I thought.  Not sure about alternate ways of resting it, as mentioned I prefer and only use time format file numbering.  Check the menu screen where you can change between file naming formats for reset switch, or try switching to another file naming format and back again.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

runonce

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:30 PM »
Is the take count something used when doing an overdub take?  As in take 2 would involve playing and recording at the same time?

Offline frtbkr

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 02:26:43 PM »
Is the take count something used when doing an overdub take?  As in take 2 would involve playing and recording at the same time?

if something goes wrong with the Scene, Crew have to repeat the same scene so, we jump to take two, three and it goes like this till, the director chooses the perfect take
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:28:58 PM by frtbkr »

Offline frtbkr

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 03:29:16 PM »
OK, that's as I thought.  Not sure about alternate ways of resting it, as mentioned I prefer and only use time format file numbering.  Check the menu screen where you can change between file naming formats for reset switch, or try switching to another file naming format and back again.

Just tried your advices didn't worked =( No matter what, it keeps rising, it seems only thing i can do is to initialize the system. Any other advice? I dont want to adjust same preferences over and over again.

Offline Gutbucket

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
Have you checked the user manual on the topic?

Offline frtbkr

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 04:12:32 PM »
Have you checked the user manual on the topic?

Yes i did. Checked some other forums too and i learned, people change the take number on every new take.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com