Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Issues correcting recovered a SD card file - HELP!  (Read 1340 times)

Offline rainingvodka

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Mics? No I'm just happy to see you.
Issues correcting recovered a SD card file - HELP!
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem recovering a file that I made last night.  I have identified solutions but the amount of effort required is herculean.  I am happy I have what appears to be a solution, but the work required is daunting.  I am hoping someone out there might have a better idea of how to sort it out. 

I successfully recorded a 24bit, 44.1Khz 1 hour 45 minute set last night using my current rig.  Long story short, I accidentally started a quick format on the SD card while it was still inside my Tascam DR-2d.  Immediately realizing what I was doing,  I yanked the card from the deck.  I am not sure if the quick format completed or not.  When I browse the card contents normally, I see a directory structure but no files.

I am able to recover the files using either Recuva or PhotoRec but there are some serious problems.  Opening the file in Cool Edit Pro 2.1 gives me the following issues:

1) The frames are off. After the first thirty seconds, they shift +1, then after the next thirty seconds it shifts to +2.  This process repeats.  I discovered and tested that I can address that problem using the tip outlined here:  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=45533.msg585913#msg585913

Correcting for this occurrence every 30 seconds over 1:45 hours would be a chore enough, BUT

2) The audio repeats every 1.114 seconds.  To correct for this it appears I will need to manually highlight and deleted every other 1.114 seconds of the recording.

Does anyone know any way to automate either of these two steps?  Or have another idea entirely?

There were other files (recorded prior to last night) on the card that I can recover.  All exhibit the same problems.  All those files were long ago offloaded and archived so no worries there.

I have attached a screenshot of the frame correctiong in cool edit and a sample of the repeating audio for reference.
schoeps mk4 + cmr->naiant tiny box->tascam dr-2d

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
Re: Issues correcting recovered a SD card file - HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »
Anyway you slice it or dice it this would be a lot of work and time involved.

I think a customized program might handle a lot of it, but you still might have clicks and pops that would have to be addressed somehow at transition points.

Gordon
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com