Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sennheiser ME66 run straight into zoom h4 or DR-40  (Read 1616 times)

Offline corpusse

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sennheiser ME66 run straight into zoom h4 or DR-40
« on: July 06, 2014, 08:15:22 AM »
I know this is not the ideal setup, but I've decided I want to tape tonight.  I don't have any gear anymore figured I'd go rent some mics from guitar store and go from there, of course they are closed sunday so left with camera store.  These seem to be the best mics they have for rent.  They also rent zoom h4's.  Alternatively I can buy a tascam DR40 which they have in stock as well.  Looks like the mics come with power supplies but the tascam can also provide phantom power while I don't think the h4 can.

I know this is not an ideal setup for a loud rock show (queens of the stone age) I just want to know if it's going to work without a good preamp in the middle.  I can deal with a so so recording but if its going to clip the whole time I won't bother.  Store opens in 3 hours so I plan on going soon.  Obviously they wont know much about using it for this type of application.   Fortunately I do still have a stand.  I don't regret selling my rig, I never used it and used the money for stuff I do use, but I sure wish I had my gefells and mini me for one more day today.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com