Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Firewire to USB adaptor cable to connect 744T to PC

(1/8) > >>

waltmon:
I see a number of adaptors out there.  I had a PCMIA firewire card that work great, but my new lappy has no card port (other than SD etc)  Are there any of these adaptors better than any other?  I see lots of firewire to USB cables on ebay...but have read some negative comments in regards to transfer rate etc.

Thanks.

H₂O:
I have never heard of this - this would not be an adapter but a converter as you would need logic to retime/reframe/etc firewire into usb

H₂O:
Your best bet is to either use a cf card or get a external hdd that has both usb and FireWire - u xfer to the hdd from the 744 via firewire, correctly disconnect the firewire drive from the 744, then
Connect the drive to your PC via usb

FireWire is dead unfortunately

H₂O:
All the ones I see on ebay are cables or adapters used to simply change the pinout/physical plug from one to the other

FireWire and USB can run at different voltages so I would avoid this route as a simple adapter could damage your PC and/or the 744

dnsacks:
seems you'd be a lot better off either a) recording to CF as your primary media or b) copying from the internal drive to CF as your primary form of x-fer -- see: http://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/11164-744t-firewire-connection-issue/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version