Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SD card problem  (Read 1852 times)

Offline phil_er_up

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
SD card problem
« on: April 21, 2015, 11:08:38 AM »
Hi all,

Fellow taper had a problem with his SD card during a show and asked me to look at it. He dropped off the SD card at my house yesterday. He said it was recording fine for about 45-55  minute and then the recorder had a problem and it stop recording. When he got home he put the SD card in his comuter and it says " "you need to format the disk in drive e: before using it"

SD card is SanDisk SDHC 4 GB class 4. Recorder was an edirol r09.

When he put it in his edirolr09 it would say: "SD unformated"

When I put it in my edirolR09HR it would say: "SD unformated"

When I put it into my pc it says: "you need to format the disk in drive e: before using it"

Ran chkdsk e: /f and chkdsk says: "The type of file system is raw - chkdsk is not available for raw drives"

In windows explore when I click on properties it says:

Type: Removable disk
File system: "nothing is there for this field"
used space: 0 bytes
free space: 0 bytes

Was going to try and run the fixwav utility though I can not get that far to access any data off the SD card.

Looked at edirol site and did not find any helpful info.

==================================================================================
Been searching TS and the web for over an hour+ this morning and have not found a good solution. Went through the whole thread on fixwav utility and not sure what my next plan of attack should be. In the fixwav thread a couple of other programs were mentioned. Not sure if they would help me of not.

Right now my thinking is can I get it to NTFS or FAT32 file system without losing the data on the card so my PC or recorder can read it?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

-p

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:26:53 AM by phil_er_up »
Everyday is a gift. Enjoy each one!
Forward motion bring positive results.

Offline danny3

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: SD card problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
Don't know if this will help, but when I put an sd card into my pc and get that message, I will use an external usb card reader and then I can transfer the files to the pc.

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »
Don't know if this will help, but when I put an sd card into my pc and get that message, I will use an external usb card reader and then I can transfer the files to the pc.

^^ that and if it doesn't work, try booting from a live linux disc and see if it sees anything on the card, if it does then transfer to windows partition and if it doesn't see anything on the card I doubt you'll be able to do anything without formatting

Offline live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 02:57:03 PM »
Try the photorec utility. They also have one called Testdisk. If the data is on the media, it should be able to get it.
Once you get the data, then you may need to fixup the wav header or import it as raw into a DAW. (ie. try the various tools mentioned here)

Gordon
AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.194 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com