Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Pre Amp battery power for CA 9200

(1/3) > >>

nak700s:
With regards to the Church Audio 9200 pre amp: At what point do I need to change the 9v battery?  In other words, what is the lowest voltage that the pre amp will still work properly at?

Humbug:
Chris told me 7V a while back; but I personally tend to change them before they drop to 8V.

I'm using a rechargeable in an older CA9100 and charge it up before each show. Less trips to the battery recycling station :-)

Gutbucket:
Reminder to always measure battery voltage under load for an accurate reading.

Best time to measure is immediately after you are finished with a recording, before the battery has had time to 'recover'.

nak700s:
Thank you guys, I appreciate the feedback.  For safety, I planned to change it when it got to close to 8v, but now at least I know I don't have to sweat it.  Maybe I'll live on the edge and let it dip close to 7.5v  :o

Church-Audio:

--- Quote from: nak700s on May 11, 2015, 07:07:57 PM ---Thank you guys, I appreciate the feedback.  For safety, I planned to change it when it got to close to 8v, but now at least I know I don't have to sweat it.  Maybe I'll live on the edge and let it dip close to 7.5v  :o

--- End quote ---

If you change the battery at 8 volts you will be fine.

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version