Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Playback from miniplug source on 4.1 system? Need help.  (Read 2037 times)

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Playback from miniplug source on 4.1 system? Need help.
« on: June 12, 2015, 03:05:52 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836126001

So I got one of these systems for cheap last Feb. I was using the line in on the control speaker for playback. This is for music, not games or surround sound. Unfortunately the line in is not connecting properly. For a while I could put minor pressure down on the input cable but now I can't get any signal.

What I need is a solution to use the 4 RCA inputs. Any ideas? I tried a miniplug into a Y adapter into the top two inputs but that didn't work. It seems like two Y adapters could somehow do the job, but I can't figure it out and don't want to spend the $$ without knowing it will work.

I would be thrilled if someone could put this in lamen's terms for me...
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Playback from miniplug source on 4.1 system? Need help.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
Not much info on the inputs on the Newgg site, but from the low rez photos it looks like there are two pairs of line-level RCA inputs on the sub: one set for the front satellite speakers and another for the back speakers.  You should be able to plug a line-level RCA interconnect  into either pair of RCA inputs and get sound out of the two front speakers or the two back speakers, depending on which pair you plug into (or a 1/8" stereo mini > stereo RCA cable, from a headphone jack out).  If you connect both of the left inputs together with an RCA 'Y' cable and both right inputs together with another one, you should get sound from all four satellites.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com