Here's the list of improvements. There is a Santa!
"In the short period of time the new Zoom F8 has been available, we have received some great feedback. Here are 14 improvements that we think you’ll like…a lot.
1. Added Trim Knob option that enables adjusting fader/pan settings with input trim knobs.
2. Added the function of moving the previously recorded take to the new FALSE TAKE folder.
3. Expanded Function Shortcuts as well as Shortcut List Menu.
4. Added the function of selecting alphabet letters for the scene number.
5. Added Trim Link function for adjusting the input levels of multiple tracks simultaneously.
6. Added the function of editing track name in Meta data.
7. Added the function of showing track names on the level meters.
8. Added the function that enables selecting “Scene_***” for the format of take name.
9. Added the function of adjusting L/R track volume.
10. Added SOLO function that enables monitoring signals of specific tracks only during playback.
11. Added sound report function for exporting CSV format file including recorded take information, etc.
12. Changed the location of Next Take menu on MENU>REC>Next Take to MENU>META DATA (for next take).
13. Added the function of applying edits of the selected card to the other card when two SD cards are inserted.
14. Changed the track order of Poly WAV recorded files from Tr1, Tr2, …, Tr8, L, R to L, R, Tr1, Tr2, …, Tr8.
You can download the Zoom F8 Firmware v2.00 here: https://zoom-na.com/products/field-video-recording/field-recording/zoom-f8-multitrack-field-recorder#downloads
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy Holiday, from your friends at Zoom"